MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:37 PM   #76
Moose
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJohn View Post
Great looking grub there!

For everyone that is afraid to come to a Bash: Just come out.

I was like you. I was going to meet Moose and BigMista and gtr, and SoCalJWS and Campdude, and Silverfinger, and I felt that my cooking wasn't on par, and they'd talk about me.

That didn't happen.

Instead, I met some wonderful people who, over the last few years, have prayed with me, offered me advice, shot the breeze and the sh*t with me, shared recipes and their lives, and welcomed my wife as one of the brers (even before the lemon bar affair).

Sako, Scott, Tom, Mike, Charles, Gordon, LC, and CaseyDog and the others my addled brain is forgetting- I did not forget you; I just met you later.

If you don't want to cook, bring some liquids. I saw ShoChu (The Japanese version of Soju, a Korean whiskey made with sweet potatoes), Malort (and I'm just going to have to order a bottle from Liquor Barn), and some others. Beer, wine, water, and soft drinks are always welcomed.

What I am saying is, the only reason not to go is because you have a prior engagement or an emergency. When you miss a bash, you miss out on connecting with your fellow brother or sister. That's something this country needs to be better at doing.

Beautifully said, John! Hope this will inspire more of us all over to meet more often.

Looks like I owe your wife a pizza...

Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 08-15-2018, 11:21 AM   #77
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
I'm still waiting for that Cool Tee Shirt we talked about at the SoCal Bash. I will reciprocate.
We are going back in December. I'll PM you for your address, and see if we can get them there before Christmas!

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-15-2018, 05:18 PM   #78
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

Very well said, John!

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->