MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #31
gmfire21
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsfan View Post
Also, might be too late, but expand the Kids Que program. As a junior, I'm gonna skip it or enter the adults if it's something pointless like burgers. Add shortish cook items like ribs and chicken for kids, if you want that category to be taken seriously. Good luck though!
thanks. will look at that next year.
gmfire21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #32
gmfire21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogzillas View Post
You also might try going by Stokin the Fire at Sloss in Aug this year & speading the word to some of the teams there. You might pick up a few that don't know about your contest but there's bound to be a couple that already know about it & are considering it.
would love to go to this event, already have a bbq fundraiser that day in guntersville.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #33
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsfan View Post
Also, might be too late, but expand the Kids Que program. As a junior, I'm gonna skip it or enter the adults if it's something pointless like burgers. Add shortish cook items like ribs and chicken for kids, if you want that category to be taken seriously. Good luck though!
I'm curious about this post. Why do you think burgers are "pointless" for Kids Que? I thought the motive behind Kids Que was to encourage youngsters to cook something on a grill that wasn't too intimidating, and burgers seem like they would be accessible to even the youngest kids.

I'm not busting on you here, just wondering why you think this way as an organizer considering adding Kids Que to an event next year.
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #34
gmfire21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilWarBBQ View Post
I'm curious about this post. Why do you think burgers are "pointless" for Kids Que? I thought the motive behind Kids Que was to encourage youngsters to cook something on a grill that wasn't too intimidating, and burgers seem like they would be accessible to even the youngest kids.

I'm not busting on you here, just wondering why you think this way as an organizer considering adding Kids Que to an event next year.
i agree, we thought burgers were good for the kids to get familiar with the cooking process.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #35
gmfire21

team update : was at 20, now down to 16. boo

Old 08-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #36
gmfire21

update : we now have room for RV or camper spots if needed. must be self sustaining, no power or water at rv sites.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #37
gmfire21

hey all. we still have room for more teams. entry deadline is now october 1st. thanks

Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #38
big piggin bbq
Knows what a fatty is.

how much are the rv spots?

Old 09-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #39
VineyardSwinesBBQ
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfire21 View Post
yeah i cant pull up alabama bbq trail either. we do have the event listed on facebook. it on
Friends of georgia mountain vol. fire/rescue page, or you can find it from my facebook page. (brandon brown) .

as far as locals running the event. well that would be me. i already have about 10 judges, looking for several more. we will have score sheets and make formal winner announcements on the stage before the free concert. right now we are accepting teams, but my question is, are we starting too early for an october event?
The Alabama BBQ Association website is www.alabamabbqassociation.com. I definitely think it would be worth your time to try and get Smoke on the River on the Trail. It will also probably bring in more backyard teams too since only the competitions on the trail contribute to teams' overall state standings.
VineyardSwinesBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #40
big piggin bbq
Knows what a fatty is.

anyone here going to this? i am

Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #41
powerpig
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by big piggin bbq View Post
anyone here going to this? i am
Yep, we will be there. Just moved to Guntersville this past Jan. and we will spend the rest of our lives there. What a great place and great people!

I'm flying back from Vermont tomorrow just to get ready.

I was going to enter my Classic Ferrari in the car show that goes along with the comp, but it doesn't look like it will be ready in time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
powerpig is offline   Reply With Quote