Meat Glue

Yep...I knew that.
It is allowed in some EU countries including The Netherlands.
Many Dutch Brethren know this because we watch Keuringsdienst van Waarde/Consumer Investigation Agency on TV.
Very good program that makes the people more aware of what they're eating.

22629-470-334.jpg

Here's a subtitled vid...

YouTube - Consumer Investigation Agency

Saw this used on Marcel's Quantum Kitchen on scifi channel. he used it to make a roll of meat look like a log. I can see some legit uses for it in some circumstances, but wouldn't want to be buying meat molded together with it. Right up there with pink slime!:tsk:

Saw this used on Marcel's Quantum Kitchen on scifi channel. he used it to make a roll of meat look like a log. I can see some legit uses for it in some circumstances, but wouldn't want to be buying meat molded together with it. Right up there with pink slime!:tsk:

Here's the vid I saw but it's in Dutch....check out at 13:25...the "glue" is allready added.

YouTube - Plakvlees 1/2 (Keuringsdienst van waarde)

They use it in that imitation crab meat at the stores. The product is not illegal in US, it's just a matter of questioning ethical boundaries.

There are several techniques that are used to make restructured steak or restructured meat. Its worth a google.

I have chopped and formed lunch meat today. I've consumed turkey bacon. fish patties, ham loaf, spam, turkey loaf, a mcrib, etc. It may sound shocking when phrased as it was by the article but you probably eat a decent amount of restructured meat already.

Back