logo

Best D@mn Chicken Cooker on the Market!?

My pellet grill does a killer job on chicken. That’s my choice or also agree with Vortex.

Weber Kettle w/ vortex

For me it's a toss up of a Kettle with a Vortex, or a Kettle with a rotisserie. I like the results from the rotisserie more, but it's not as easy for all scenarios as the Vortex.

Here's a bird I spatchcock'd then put in the rotisserie basket. It was like fried chicken, rolling around in its own fat/juices. So good.

rotibird.jpg

Definitely the Weber kettle with or without the Vortex. I'm new to the Vortex game, and so far I'm pretty impressed. My .02.....

What cooker did you use? Also, more about the basket, too! I'd like to get one.

This really deserves a stand alone thread of its own. :thumb:

Just my Weber 22" kettle + rotisserie insert. I'll post up more info after work tonight :thumb:

Just my Weber 22" kettle + rotisserie insert. I'll post up more info after work tonight :thumb:

Thanks, Neal! I'll be looking forward to it. I have a 22 inch kettle + rotisserie, so can't wait to learn more and give it a try!

My PK does a fine job, as does my gasser. A Weber does too. I'm not sure there is one best - it's all about learning how to do it on the equipment you have.

I think this question is way too broad.

You can cook incredible chicken in all kinds of different cookers. And you can cook all kinds of different chicken in incredible cookers.

It really comes down to the cook with a question this broad, not the cooker.

Even if the question had been narrowed a bit, to say, something like: "What's the best way of getting crispy skin on chicken halves", you'd still get a broad variety of responses from folks using different cookers, as well as different techniques.

Nonetheless, I'm enjoying reading the replies! :mrgreen:

Ok I’ll bite :razz:. I’ve grilled chicken on a lot of cookers and my favorite by far is Meadow Creek BBQ42. Turns out incredible chicken. It’s direct over the coals, but with plenty of depth to avoid flare ups on the chicken. The flipping part makes for great theater too. The smell of the fat dripping onto the coals is sublime. Highly recommend it even though the cooker is bit of a one-trick pony.

Meadow Creek Chicken Flipper

View attachment 182192
View attachment 182193
5E3B3DCC-35DD-4B7A-BE05-55D04592FD47.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I’ll bite :razz:. I’ve grilled chicken on a lot of cookers and my favorite by far is Meadow Creek BBQ42. Turns out incredible chicken. It’s direct over the coals, but with plenty of depth to avoid flare ups on the chicken. The flipping part makes for great theater too. The smell of the fat dripping onto the coals is sublime. Highly recommend it even though the cooker is bit of a one-trick pony.

Ok, now I want one of these...

View attachment 182192

View attachment 182193

View attachment 182194

I’d agree with this one also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back