Curious: Front Yard/Driveway Cooking

:wink: I do all my grilling and smoking in the very early hours while everyone is asleep so no one sees where or what I'm doing. :p

YIKES! tl;dr Paragraphs are your friend.
Andy,

You are so right. At least I used some punctuation, so I've got that going for me. For some reason, English classes were harder than Chinese algebra for me.

I had told myself that I was not going to respond to this thread, but like a light to a moth, I kept coming back. And I composed that quickly in a stream of conscious thought and hit submit. I hit edit and then got sidetracked by having to take the puppy out and then the wife wanted another cup of coffee and I finally hit save. I have now told you more than you care to hear.

So I will finish this by saying this: Life's too short. Cook where you want to. It's only barbecue.

Robert

I recon if you live in a decent neighborhood (and like your neighbors) and are a social type person, it's a good way to get neighbors to stop by for a minute or two.

12 pages of meat eating smoke rolling neighborhood loving goodness!

What's next, keeping the kitchen closed up tight to appease this jackwagon?
8v9XdmZl.jpg

I live in the burbs, and grill/smoke in the driveway all the time. I literally don't remember the last time I did it in my backyard.

I don't have a covered area in the backyard, but I have a prep table set up with all my rubs and such in the garage, next to the garage door. My truck is always in the driveway, so I drag whatever I'm cooking with out onto the driveway between it and the garage door, and I can sit inside the garage if I need to stay out of the weather, while still being close to my prep area. It's a pretty ideal setup.

This.

I have a long-ish driveway, house next door is pretty close to their property line. So I have pretty good "concealment". I pull my Weber kettle or WSM right out of the garage and set up right there. Garage is attached, door leads through utility room right to the kitchen. I'm at the end of a cul de sac. Point being it's not super visible and is very convenient. Former neighbors next door and across the street also had similar set-ups. Doesn't seem odd in the least.

12 pages of meat eating smoke rolling neighborhood loving goodness!

What's next, keeping the kitchen closed up tight to appease this jackwagon?
8v9XdmZl.jpg

Fark me! That has to be a joke? What about people who don't like veggies?
Side note. Can't believe this thread has lasted this long. Yes, partly why I commented, not gonna lie.:twisted:

Very entertaining thread- At first, I was in the "oh yeah? Hold my beer and let me tell you something" camp. Then decided to tuck in and enjoy the ride - no noses were harmed- all good.

That thing on the "vegan runner" tho... if it's not a joke... :grin:

^^^ I'm appalled your Christmas lights are still up with as mild this winter has been.

those are mood lights. I'd be that guys worst nightmare. grill on the front porch, broke down car in the driveway. construction trailer, boat, swimming pool and pot garden in the back. my dog digs holes and barks constantly and my cat leaves dead animals on peoples porches.

Is that crutch next to the cooler due to falling off?

I'm just sitting around and watching. Better view from up here...

xVXHk.jpg

OHHHHHHHHHHH.........captain uppper upper lower-upper middle class with their "fancy roof couch".....just sitting there.......judging everyone cooking in their driveway. :p

Would have been fine.......but you clearly got a "new used one" that reclines......freaking keeping up with the Jones crap :caked:

Oh and just to rub it in our faces you pulled out the roof cooler........how's it feel sipping your fancy Bud Light and laughing at us Busch Light guys?? :mad: :mad2:

Back