Carolina Gold Q sauce (Mustard base)

bggarric

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm going to be making some pulled pork soon (if I don't have my ceramic yet it will have to be in the crockpot... I know, heresy).

Anyway, I'm from SC and we tend to do a lot of mustard base bbq down here. There are plenty to buy in the stores, but I wanted to try and make my own and was wondering if anyone had any good sauce recipes for the mustard base.

Thanks!

3/4 cup yellow mustard
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup brown suger
2 tbs butter
1 tbs worcy sause
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp cayenne

I just made a batch. If you want something different try using balsamic vinegar.

I agree with above post...... Roxy's mustard base sauce recipe is the real deal...

Definitely great stuff. The only thing I do is cut 1/2 of the vinegar out and replace it with apple juice to cut some of the bite.

Q'd my first butt about 3 weeks ago; a friend suggested I try Roxy's mustard sauce to go along with it. Family enjoyed the pulled pork with the mustard sauce. As already mentioned above, will probably cut some of the vinegar out next time, not sure how much yet, and replace with an equal amount of apple juice.

TC

I've been looking for a mustard sauce recipe to try... thanks Skidder & Funk, I'll give em both a try!

Back