Finally!

Freddy j

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My WSM 22.5" arrived today (first smoker), I am very impressed with the size and quality and very happy so far with my purchase.

I've seen a few threads on seasoning my new grill before first cook; any brethren got any advice for this?

Webers are Porcelain coated steel.they don't need to be seasoned. Now go cook something!:wink:

Get to cooking Fred! Like Bludawg said, no need to waste fuel on seasoning. Maybe wash it out with warm water and Dawn, in the event there may be residue from the manufacturing process.
I have never cooked on a new WSM, so mine all get a thorough washing before I cook on them.
BTW, you are going to love the ease of cooking on a WSM. Great pits.

Throw some meat on it. Congrats on the new WSM you're gonna love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might run a little hot till it seals up good. Usually takes 5-10 cooks. Have fun!!

Put on some fatties, about 30# of pork shoulder and a couple dozen chicken thighs. Don't forget the booze...........need lots of booze..you're a smoker!!!!!!!! :eusa_clap

Ok, great, thanks guys I will fire up tomm after work and try a few fatties!

Get to cooking Fred! Like Bludawg said, no need to waste fuel on seasoning. Maybe wash it out with warm water and Dawn, in the event there may be residue from the manufacturing process.
I have never cooked on a new WSM, so mine all get a thorough washing before I cook on them.
BTW, you are going to love the ease of cooking on a WSM. Great pits.

Thanks H.M. I will do this b/c I felt a bit of an oily film on the inside when I assembled.

Congrats man! 22.5" wsm is on my want list someday big time. Can't wait to hear and see how the first cook turns out!

Back