Holy Ghost chicken wings (pron coming)

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
As soon as my digestive tract stops doing the electric slide.....

50' foot view:

Take the habanero death dust chicken wing recipe and sub in some ghost salt (my mix).

After three of these, I was speaking in tongues and calling on the name of The Lord (hence the name of the wings).

I will be in pain all week (I eat what I cook - old rule), but I will make them again with half the ghost salt.

As soon as my digestive tract stops doing the electric slide.....

50' foot view:

Take the habanero death dust chicken wing recipe and sub in some ghost salt (my mix).

After three of these, I was speaking in tongues and calling on the name of The Lord (hence the name of the wings).

I will be in pain all week (I eat what I cook - old rule), but I will make them again with half the ghost salt.

Did you die? DO we need to call 911? :shocked:

Here we go.

Cut up the wannnnngs. The tips are going into the freezer for make a looing stock.

hgwingscut.jpg

Now, the "marinade"

1/4 cup EVOO and 1/4 cup "Ghost Salt"

hgsauce.jpg

Mrs SJ muffed the pics of the wings in the bowl, but here they are in the bag:

hgbagged.jpg

Good night wings, I'll most likely smoke you in the morning.

Dusted them again with Ghost Salt.

hgdusted.jpg

Into the UDS, 230 degrees for an hour......

hgon.jpg

And BAM!

hgoff.jpg

^^^^^Thanks

Forgot....

UDS had full basket of KBB with 2 chunks of peach wood.

They just sound evil...but sure do look purty!

They are evil. I ate three Saturday and they didn't attack me until yesterday afternoon.

Mrs SJ smelled the container they are in and nearly gagged (Jalapeno is maximum heat for her). I told her I was taking them to work to have some co-workers try them out (heh heh heh)....

UPDATE: First wing eaten by coworker. Thumbs up! I may be on to something....

Last edited:
how was the skin w/ sticking at 230 degrees? When I've kept a temp like that in the past I've sometimes ended up with the skin a little more rubbery than I hoped. They look fantastic, BTW.

They sound good. Glad they didn't kill you. I'll try not to finish you off on Saturday at the bash with my wings!

how was the skin w/ sticking at 230 degrees? When I've kept a temp like that in the past I've sometimes ended up with the skin a little more rubbery than I hoped. They look fantastic, BTW.

I ramped up the temp to 500 to crisp the skin....

Back