• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

3 butt weekend smoke

A

akayaker

Well this was my Sunday. Threw three butts on the UDS Sunday about 1 pm. They turned out great but man was I up late. Guess I got to bed about 3am.

I forgot how much trouble and how much time it takes to pull a butt. I am really picky about removing every little bit of fat so it may take me longer than some others.

My wife asked me what we were going to to do with all this pulled pork. I replied "uhhhh?". I got the butts on sale and three was a good round number. Can you blame me?

Here is the proof.

100_4013.jpg

100_4014.jpg

100_4021.jpg

100_4022.jpg

Big E

I know what Cheez would be doing with all that pulled pork.:mrgreen:

Good lookin' pork right there. Any time you can get meat on sale is a good time to buy it :-D. Now you can vacu-suck some of that for later.

I'm the same wasy about pulling out all the fat and glands and stuff, so I totally understand about the patience needed.

That is some mean looking pork. Dang I just ate and I am hungry again.

:biggrin:pulled Pork Taquitos!!!!:biggrin:

I did the same thing, sept I only bought two of them on Friday, made on on Friday night, froze the second one. I think they will pretty much be on sale for the holidays, especially in my area (Santa Ana, So Cal in general) due to tamales being made, Pozole, etc.

I was even thinking of using pulled pork in some tamales.

Nice lookin butts there...

I just picked up 3 butts on Sunday that were on sale for $1.19/lb. Took em home and put them in the beer fridge 'til I had time to wrap em up for a later smoke date.
Dangit if the wife didn't find them...."What are you going to do with those?"
No need for an answer...my look back at her and then her look back at me...that's how we communicate sometimes...

So, I get home from work a little early yesterday and wrap em up in freezer paper and stow them away...then I get to thinkin'....I wonder if they have any more on sale? Head back over to Price Chopper and sure enough...yesterday was the last day...so I pick a couple more up ....

my new motto:

You can never get enough butt!

Nice butts akayaker.
I know what you mean about the time. I was a bit surprised at the start of your message when you said you started them at 1pm. For that I woulda started at 5am. Then napped after the UDS got settled in.

As for the wife and her question my answer would be to vacuum seal 6oz. portions and freeze them. When you want some pulled pork pull a bag or two out of the freezer, stick in a pan of water, bring it to a boil and you got some good eats. I need to time how long I let the water boil sometime, if you let it go to long the meat dries out.

Nice butts akayaker.
I know what you mean about the time. I was a bit surprised at the start of your message when you said you started them at 1pm. For that I woulda started at 5am. Then napped after the UDS got settled in.

As for the wife and her question my answer would be to vacuum seal 6oz. portions and freeze them. When you want some pulled pork pull a bag or two out of the freezer, stick in a pan of water, bring it to a boil and you got some good eats. I need to time how long I let the water boil sometime, if you let it go to long the meat dries out.

Yep I double bagged most of it in ziploc bags with a little apple juice and threw it into the freezer. I also bagged up some smaller portions and froze them as well. I dont have a vacu suck yet, but its on my list to Santa.

:biggrin:pulled Pork Taquitos!!!!:biggrin:

I did the same thing, sept I only bought two of them on Friday, made on on Friday night, froze the second one. I think they will pretty much be on sale for the holidays, especially in my area (Santa Ana, So Cal in general) due to tamales being made, Pozole, etc.

I was even thinking of using pulled pork in some tamales.

Do it Vic. You will never go back to cooking the pork any other way for tamales. I even recommend making some smoked brisket, asadero and roasted green chile tamales! These rock!!!:wink:

Beautiful looking butts by the way...................My level of pickyness when pulling depends on how tired and buzzed I am.

My Gosh those are great looking Butts!!!!

They should have names. Here are some suggestions:

Taylor Rain
Jenna Haze
Jassie James

That's how Highly I think of them.

Back