MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #121
PatioDaddio
Babbling Farker

Hey moderators, how about also removing copywrited photos that were used without permission or attribution?

John
PatioDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #122
slammmed
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatioDaddio View Post
Hey moderators, how about also removing copywrited photos that were used without permission or attribution?

John
Wow seriously? He even said it in the post with bold letters and it has your name on the drum.
slammmed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #123
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMotivate View Post
I got my PBC with the discount right before Christmas but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Thinking the tri-tip I bought is going on the hook tomorrow.
Can't wait to hear what ya think of the finished product :)
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #124
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

Just read this whole thread. I then Googled "pit barrel cooker". I'm guessing that alot of the "PatioDaddio is connected with PBC" confusion results from all of his reviews popping up there. People perhaps are not reading the details?
His photo is also there.

Last edited by dadsr4; 01-03-2013 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Addition
dadsr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #125
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatioDaddio View Post

John

Perfect example of the depth of destain John and I have for each other. John even goes so far as to throw in the "hey you posted my picture without asking me or acknowledging me" even though I do so to show his mastery and defend his honor.

Like another poster recognized, John must not know the definition of atribution because I did. And I don't use his permission because I am Pitmaster T. LOL. Maybe he means that its from his blog. So - I got it from his blog... which is a great place to steal ideas and claim them as your own.

So to the original poster who questioned Johns integrity... now you have proof of someone defending his honesty that can't stand his ass... and as you can see the feeling is mutual.

Almost looks staged. Like a Play. In which one of us, is merely a "character."

I will reiterate a little story in defense of the PBS - mostly because I was thinking about it and also because I was just told the owner is so offended by me he doesn't want me to talk about his product and be associated with it. Grow up man. Now let me aggravate you more by defending your product some more and giving people more reason to buy the PBS.

I noticed at times people regarding the UDS add up all their costs BUT do not add in the hole saws, welders, searches for stuff that will accomodate this and that and that is cool for people with the time to do this. BUT the PBS, which I do not own, I wish I HAD bought for a few reasons. The main reason is mine, which after 5 years of owning the drum and designing the fire ring is putting along finally, well.... it was too damn much trouble. Not because of my ingenutity but because of time. All those trips here and there and all.... well, 225 to buy something that works out of the box.... well all I would need is for someone I trust (regardless how I feel about them) to tell me it made good que. So we have it. The PBS is no BS because it costs less in cash and hassle than the UDS.

So now there are two opinions... one from a guy that has had a lot of experience, with his ingregity backed by a guy that can't stand him, and another from a guy in which the owner of the company has expressedly in writing told people he does not want me affiliated with his product no matter whether I like it or not.

So I think that would mean... its a pretty solid product. Besides, its smaller. Everyone likes it smaller and tighter.

I feel the need to say - because it takes less space in the garage.

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #126
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsr4 View Post
Just read this whole thread. I then Googled "pit barrel cooker". I'm guessing that alot of the "PatioDaddio is connected with PBC" confusion results from all of his reviews popping up there. People perhaps are not reading the details?
His photo is also there.
This came up once sorta with a distributor that was selling a air induction device in the forum. I guess in reagrds to John Dawson and his blog you may be insiniuating what he admits to in his first line on his blog regarding the product.

"Daddio has a new toy! The great folks at the Pit Barrel Cooker Company sent me one of their cookers to test drive."

Seen on his blog attributed here.
http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2012/0...el-cooker.html

BUT HE ALSO EXPLAINS HE RECEIVED IT FREE OF CHARGE BUT THE OPINIONS WERE HIS OWN!!!! a little further down the review. He didn't need to do that but thats the way he rolls.

Look, I received a freaking pallet of Kingsford edge once simply because my Stoker Video had 65K hits on my old Popdaddy channel. I also received a formitable amount of AR charcoal with a request I make a vid about it. I hated the AR.

Which brings to the point JUST because they sent him a PBC and he liked it (he did well with it) its his choice to tell people and I am sorry but I would rather listen to a person with proven talent than a salesman.

So, like I said before, how he may have gotten the product, free or he bought it, should matter little considering the person he is known to be. Honest and talented.... even in my opinion. Its a new product and someone has to endorse it. I know the buyer (we went to High School and College together) for H.E.B. and the pits they have there on display are all cheap horizontal drums smokers and they suck. If magically the PBC would show up at the hundreds of stores they have because of someone's "connection" does not neccessarily mean the product is not good.

I understand you offerd an observance and do not mean to suggest you are critical - but I am saying that others may think that's what you are saying. For a while when you googles stoker my name and videos came up and I in NO way endorsed the product but I sure liked it. It's kinda the nature of what we do. I have a feeling if it sucked, John probably would let people know or remain silent... showing tact... which I hate.

Edict.

Last edited by Pitmaster T; 01-03-2013 at 03:12 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #127
sparky'
Full Fledged Farker

you two guys act like children. if you like the pbc fine. if you don't fine. i thought this was a bbq forum and not were two grown adults act like babies. and when i post about my pbc i would like it if you don't highjack my post w/ your dribble.

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #128
PatioDaddio
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky' View Post
you two guys act like children. if you like the pbc fine. if you don't fine. i thought this was a bbq forum and not were two grown adults act like babies. and when i post about my pbc i would like it if you don't highjack my post w/ your dribble.
I apologize for any childishness that I may have contributed to this thread.

John
PatioDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #129
jgarcia
On the road to being a farker

After wavering back and forth, I finally ordered the PBC today. The code was still good. I just refurbished a NB Bandera this fall, and I am sure the wife is going to love this . Now I just need to use that $30 gift card from Amazon I got for Christmas to buy my Tamale pot for the Mini WSM and she will think I am completely nuts.
jgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #130
rwalters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarcia View Post
After wavering back and forth, I finally ordered the PBC today. The code was still good. I just refurbished a NB Bandera this fall, and I am sure the wife is going to love this . Now I just need to use that $30 gift card from Amazon I got for Christmas to buy my Tamale pot for the Mini WSM and she will think I am completely nuts.
I gave up (sold) a cooker to pay for the PBC... my wife doesn't seem to mind when I do it that way ;) My PBC actually replaced 2 cookers, and I came out quite ahead $$ wise... and I have not had one regret :)

Old 01-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #131
jeffsee
Full Fledged Farker

Man...I JUST gotta have one. I just wish I could find someone to buy my small WSM so I could do this. My wife would absolutely love food off of this.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #132
rwalters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsee View Post
Man...I JUST gotta have one. I just wish I could find someone to buy my small WSM so I could do this. My wife would absolutely love food off of this.
Small WSM as in the 18.5" unit? If so, in good shape? If yes, you should be able to get an easy $160-175 on CL... putting a new PBC at no more than $65 out of pocket. Just make sure you can still grab the coupon code from grilling.com I sold 2 WSM's. I really like the WSM's... but this PBC is way better than I expected.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #133
RangerJ
is one Smokin' Farker

Looks like a fun pit, hanging meat and all.

Lots of interesting info here as well, like something cooked at about the same position as the meat on my drums over the exact same fire can taste totally different.

I've never used my drum for low and slow so if anyone has one of these PBC's here in the Greater Houston Area hit me up, I'd like to do a side by side taste test, same temp, etc.
RangerJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #134
Vision
is One Chatty Farker

You know, this is how cults start.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #135
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky' View Post
Sparky, don't you dare say John was acting like a "child." Who the heck do you think you are? None of the other posters were acting like "children." The other 3 or so forums you post about your PBC stuff on and how it doesn't make your BBQ taste "icky," may have a few members but this one has almost 40K. Not to mention, defending a person like John's desire to let people know their experiences about the PBC is hardly "hi-jacking" and those that know me, know I can highjack a thread so bad no one knows what the heck is going on and have to scroll to see if they are in the wrong thread.

Sorry, but you don't control our opinions, dislikes, likes or how we express them. Frankly, the forum rules dictate that and the only one breaking them was myself dude. Of course you could have been talking about the guys critiqing John but they were within the forum rules as well.

I will comment if I wish...within the forum rules. Or is it time for any mention of this product to be thrown into the vendor forum like the China pellet thing was.

Edict.