MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Pigs on The Run
Full Fledged Farker

Default BBQ Concession trailer for catering

I am looking for a basic BBQ catering trailer. I have seen ads for new trailers. I wanted to know if anyone had any advice of where to find such a trailer or information. Thanks
Pigs on The Run is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Being in VA I don't know what you have locally, but there are a ton of trailer manufacturers in South GA that make pretty inexpensive (all things considered) trailers. Look up Continental cargo, Diamond Cargo, Freedom trailers. I'm looking at all of them right now for a competition trailer, haven't made a purchase yet though.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/yesdearbbq"]Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and [URL="https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/"]The Atlanta BBQ store[/URL]
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
The Cosmic Pig
is one Smokin' Farker

CPW, I talked to a Diamond dealer recently and he said their trailers have a 5 year warranty - which is the best I've heard of. I don't know anything else about them, though. I was sad to hear that Cargo South had shut down because the owner had cancer. They appeared to be really good trailers, and I had heard great things about them from some owners. BTW, my wife and I vacation in Savannah pretty often. I would love to retire and live there! She's from central GA.
[B]WSM 18.5[/B]
[B]Weber One-Touch Gold [/B]
[B]Smokey Joe Silver[/B]
The Cosmic Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

If you are looking for low cost John call Kenny at Pro-Line Trailers in Boones Mill on the other side of Roanoke I got mine from him in 2009 had it built for $8700 then I mounted all the sinks, plumbing etc. The 4 picture of the orange trailer on this page are actually of my trailer when it was new. http://www.pro-lineperformance.com/Pro-LineVENDING.htm

If you want a much better built I'd call Extremebbqtrailers.com
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #5
cpw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearcd View Post
CPW, I talked to a Diamond dealer recently and he said their trailers have a 5 year warranty - which is the best I've heard of. I don't know anything else about them, though. I was sad to hear that Cargo South had shut down because the owner had cancer. They appeared to be really good trailers, and I had heard great things about them from some owners. BTW, my wife and I vacation in Savannah pretty often. I would love to retire and live there! She's from central GA.
That's good to know on the 5 year warranty. With the options I'm looking at, they are priced right in line with all of the other manufacturers, which don't have as good of a warranty.

Savannah's a great place. I came here for school 20 years ago and stayed!
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and [URL="https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/"]The Atlanta BBQ store[/URL]
Thanks from:--->
Old 11-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
The Cosmic Pig
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpw View Post
That's good to know on the 5 year warranty. With the options I'm looking at, they are priced right in line with all of the other manufacturers, which don't have as good of a warranty.

Savannah's a great place. I came here for school 20 years ago and stayed!

Let us know what you decide on and how it works out! If I can get rid of an "extra" house I'm going to start shopping for one and maybe start a part-time BBQ career!
Hey, what's the best BBQ in Savannah? We've had Wiley's a couple of times and it was pretty good! Had my first batch of burnt ends there and they were perfect! The next time, not so much...which I know happens to the best of us. We tried one other place but I can't remember the name of it...it was out toward Tybee, I believe. Good mac-n-cheese! Just okay 'que, though.
[B]WSM 18.5[/B]
[B]Weber One-Touch Gold [/B]
[B]Smokey Joe Silver[/B]
The Cosmic Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
cpw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearcd View Post
Let us know what you decide on and how it works out! If I can get rid of an "extra" house I'm going to start shopping for one and maybe start a part-time BBQ career!
Hey, what's the best BBQ in Savannah? We've had Wiley's a couple of times and it was pretty good! Had my first batch of burnt ends there and they were perfect! The next time, not so much...which I know happens to the best of us. We tried one other place but I can't remember the name of it...it was out toward Tybee, I believe. Good mac-n-cheese! Just okay 'que, though.
(Sorry to Hijack the thread ) there's a good place on the southside called Sandfly BBQ, although I heard he just upgraded to a gas powered unit so I don't know if it's the same as it was. Bub-ba-Q is opening up downtown in a couple of weeks, I haven't been to any of his other restaurants but I hear great things.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Old 11-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
stokestackbbq
Knows what a fatty is.

I bought a concession trailer from Freedom Trailers early this year. The price was right, but I'd urge you to check out the other options. The quality of my trailer is very poor (50 gallon storage tank was not plumbed properly and only holds 3 gallons of water, holes cut through the frame to accommodate the drain pipe appeared to be cut by a drunken baby- compromising the structural integrity, self-tapping screw heads popping through walls everywhere, trim pieces on the cabinetry installed with little regard for appearance. Not to mention a horrible experience with the rep, "Cole's RV" who refused to give me the paperwork to cross the border to Canada with).

The 5 year warranty for Diamond sounds enticing.
stokestackbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 11-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
va_connoisseur
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs on The Run View Post
I am looking for a basic BBQ catering trailer. I have seen ads for new trailers. I wanted to know if anyone had any advice of where to find such a trailer or information. Thanks
How far are you from Manassas? There is a business off of route 234 that builds trailers and food trucks. There name escapes me right now.
[LIST][*]250 gallon, custom reverse flow smoker with warming cabinet aka Hawg Coffin[*]120 gallon reverse flow aka Hog Coffin (retired)[*] 22 and 18.5 WSM[*]Known as Spatulaman[*]Owner of Plate BBQ LLC[/LIST]
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #10
bobjsa
Got rid of the matchlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_connoisseur View Post
How far are you from Manassas? There is a business off of route 234 that builds trailers and food trucks. There name escapes me right now.

I would also be interested if anyone knows the name of this place?
bobjsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
bobjsa
Got rid of the matchlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_connoisseur View Post
Could this be who you mean:
East Coast Custom Coaches (http://eastcoastcustomcoaches.com/)
They list their address as:
11900 Livingston Rd #119
Manassas, VA 20109

Which according to google maps looks like it is off Rte 234
bobjsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #12
va_connoisseur
Full Fledged Farker

Sorry for the delay. Yes, that is the place I was referring to
[LIST][*]250 gallon, custom reverse flow smoker with warming cabinet aka Hawg Coffin[*]120 gallon reverse flow aka Hog Coffin (retired)[*] 22 and 18.5 WSM[*]Known as Spatulaman[*]Owner of Plate BBQ LLC[/LIST]
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #13
Puppyboy
Babbling Farker

They are everywhere on craigslist.