• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Science Behind Brining

Personally, I LOVE this kind of stuff. Thanks for posting this.

Rather than just doing it because I was told that it works and that I should do it, I'd MUCH rather understand WHY it works and HOW it works. Just like with anything else (faith, science, my job, whatever) once I understand WHY something works, I can better apply that to my personal experiences.

I mean even a simple thing like BBQ itself.....when I started I did what others here said worked. That was great to start with. But when I learned WHY things like low & slow, hot & fast, grilling vs smoking, cold smoking vs hot smoking, marinating vs injecting, etc worked like they did, then THAT opened up a whole new world of experimentation, learning and FUN that better enabled me to grow as a cook.

Thanks again.

Personally, I LOVE this kind of stuff. Thanks for posting this.

Rather than just doing it because I was told that it works and that I should do it, I'd MUCH rather understand WHY it works and HOW it works. Just like with anything else (faith, science, my job, whatever) once I understand WHY something works, I can better apply that to my personal experiences.

I agree with you 100% Wampus. Like you, that's just the way I am wired.

Interestingly enough it was the current TD that led me to look for something like this. I want to incorporate a maple syrup based liqueur in the brine I was thinking of using. Of course I wanted to figure out what quantity would be best.

Brian

Back