MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
GrillNewbie
On the road to being a farker

Default Which FoodSaver Bags/Rolls Are The Most Handy ?

Costco is putting the V3880 on sale soon and I'm planning on buying one. FoodSaver is having a buy one get one sale this weekend and I want to but some stuff.

What do you guys find the most useful of the bags and rolls they offer ?

Thanks,

Steve
GrillNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I only use rolls since I can make any length bag out of them. I have the 11" and the 8" rolls and use both.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

I use the 11" rolls and the 11" portion/pouch rolls as I freeze up a lot of small portions for the wife.

KC

Old 04-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
I only use rolls since I can make any length bag out of them. I have the 11" and the 8" rolls and use both.
Me too! But my wife found some 1 gallon bag by Ziplock (yea the zip bag company but these are sealer bags) that are awsome. She can't remember where sh got them.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Chef Country
is one Smokin' Farker

I buy big rolls off ebay, never had a problem with them and their alot cheaper than the food saver brand
Shop built 300 gal smoker
Traeger bbq 125 with digital 180 controller
collecting parts for a 500gal reverse flow build
Chef Country is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

I buy the rolls the bags are a rip off. I can make wheat ever size I need. I find the 8" to be the most versatile, But I do keep a 11" roll when the 8 just wont do.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
Gnaws on Pigs
is one Smokin' Farker

In the bags, I use the quarts (8") more than the gallons (11",) but use both. It depends on how many people you feed and what you're freezing. As others have said, the rolls are more economical. You can also wash and re-use those bags depending on what you had in them.

Slow-to-average-speed [COLOR=dimgray]GRAY[/COLOR] Wal-Mart thermometer

Just a hungry hillbilly lookin for a dead critter to cook

Four [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zeros[/URL] in one [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=red]throwdown[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=red],[/COLOR] baby! :bow:
Gnaws on Pigs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
Callahan-que
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Rick

Another vote for the rolls here as well. I use the 8" mostly but you should have an 11" roll around as well.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #9
GrillNewbie
On the road to being a farker

Thank you, guys !

I ordered a bunch of rolls direct from Foodsaver. They would only match 1 for 1 for the buy one get one free deal so I placed two orders...

I actually bought the v3880 and used it already. I bought a 2# bag of scallops and seperated, bagged, vacuumed and sealed them. I bought 5# of frozen, tail on, uncooked shrimp but those didn't do so well. The tails kept poking a hole in the bag. I backed up and put the shrimp in a Ziploc frzr bag and tried it again in a FS bag and that worked. Last but not least I had several boxes of 5.56 laying around so I sealed those baby's up too. JIC.
GrillNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
popeye
is one Smokin' Farker

i use only the rolls. 11". As a matter of fact i just vacuumed a butt bone today .
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
troy76
Found some matches.

Rolls are the best, bags are a waste. We used to recycle the bags but have since given that up as we were getting pinholes in them and they would slowly leak. Now we just make the right size of bag for whatever we are freezing.
troy76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2013, 03:33 AM   #12
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillNewbie View Post
Thank you, guys !

I ordered a bunch of rolls direct from Foodsaver. They would only match 1 for 1 for the buy one get one free deal so I placed two orders...

I actually bought the v3880 and used it already. I bought a 2# bag of scallops and seperated, bagged, vacuumed and sealed them. I bought 5# of frozen, tail on, uncooked shrimp but those didn't do so well. The tails kept poking a hole in the bag. I backed up and put the shrimp in a Ziploc frzr bag and tried it again in a FS bag and that worked. Last but not least I had several boxes of 5.56 laying around so I sealed those baby's up too. JIC.
Sweet.

How do you like the V3880?

My Sam's has a different model. I'm unsure which vacuum sealer I should get.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:47 AM   #13
westy
is one Smokin' Farker

I like the 8'' and 11''. But the 11'' portion pouch rolls are useful too.

Kingsford COS
Masterbuilt CES
WeberQ 220
Santa Maria 30x20
WGA
PBC
westy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2013, 03:51 AM   #14
westy
is one Smokin' Farker

Anybody use the Gamesaver rolls? Whats the difference between those and the regular rolls?

Kingsford COS
Masterbuilt CES
WeberQ 220
Santa Maria 30x20
WGA
PBC
westy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2013, 04:27 AM   #15
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

I see the BOGO, but not free shipping?