• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Zion Missionary BBQ - Huntsville, Tx

• Thread starter barbefunkoramaque
  • Start date
Thanks Donnie!

I'd just loaded "The Gospel Truth" and "Soul Man Live in Japan" on my Nano and the Otis Clay tune went through the roof! The CD was open when I watched the video and it has a quote from Otis in a Goldmine Magazine interview-

"Gospel is concerned with one's very personal relationship with a very personal Saviour; man's relationship with God, man's relationship with his love interest. That link has become clear to me. The simplicity of the truth it states never changes"......

Nope it never does.

Awesome video funk! Thanks a bunch for sharing it with us WOW! Its almost 9 here and I want to go smoke some ribs right now LOL

Mike

I notice that all of you Texans put raw onion on you brisket plates, now, this is something that I have not seen, even back when all the BBQ places around here were good, and all run by Texans and Oklahomans, is that a sweet yellow onion? Like a vidalia?

It's a staple to serve raw white onion, dill pickle chips and soft white bread. In lockhart you can get saltine crackers added to the mix as well as a chunk of cheddar cheese. All goes back to what was at there when they were cooking up brisket in the back. Good stuff served on butcher paper.

Thanks guys, I am gonna try the onion thing, and I will have to try the red onion also. Ya just never know why some of these things start, but, if they hang around, there has to be a reason.

I love that place!!

I used to have a rule about eating at BBQ joints and taquerias in TX. If the place looks run down, and there's a bunch of old folks, and the parking lot has cars in it; that's the place to be for great food.

Great Video as always Donnie.

Back