Getting closer (rib turn in practice)

Untraceable

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I did a try last week that many of you saw the box. Well, I listened to suggestions and set out to improve this week. Used my 14"slicer this time and didnt sauce the bottom. razor cuts and only 2 little pieces of parsley stuck to the 7 ribs.

This is for an unsanctioned ribfest requiring 7 rib turn in

dsc00653y.jpg

dsc00655m.jpg

Last weeks practice
267329_152924154782558_139456032796037_316743_2834133_n.jpg

Thanks for advice

Just make sure when you close the lid that the ribs do not touch the top of the box.
Other than that it looks awesome to me.

100% improvement. but, here's a tip.

keep mind what side of the meat your tongue touches first when choosing to spice/salt/sauce/etc.

after letting it sit for 30min, I opened the box up and saw that there were a couple sauce dots on the lid. the ribs still looked good but Ill keep an eye out for that the next time. I had probably just a little too much parsley packed in there.

As a KCBS judge I would not ever score someone down for a few sauce dots on the lid. Things move around and boxes are stacked from your turn-in to when it gets to the table captain to when it gets to the table.

Sauce on the lid is not a downgrade factor. Boxes get stacked and bumped. I don't know where that urban legend came from. I've never known a judge who cared about a little sauce blot on a lid and if I did I would have corrected him.

This is a very newb question I'm sure. How do you get ribs that look like glass like that (without any brush strokes) ?

Back