MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:11 PM   #61
Glass hole
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

My Pelican 65 is a beast. It'll hold ice for 6 days. I usually let it sit in the garage when I get back from hunting for a day or 3 and there's still plenty of ice in it. I would recommend a smaller cooler for day trips.
Glass hole is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 08-14-2018, 09:18 PM   #62
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Have not read the entire thread but there was this business between Yeti and the NRA. I was gifted a Yeti 65 at work. It's Great! Don't know about the others. Going to put an NRA sticker over the Yeti name though. Not going to blow it up like they do on YouTube.

Just my .02
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2018, 01:20 AM   #63
70monte
is One Chatty Farker

I have a Pelican 45 and a 20 and like them a lot. The 45 is pretty heavy so I have a heavy duty plastic cart that I put it on and that has worked well.

I looked at those lifetime coolers at Walmart and they look pretty impressive for the price.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:56 AM   #64
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

In high school way before Yeti came out, some of my buddies drilled holes into the cheaper stuff and squirted expanding foam into the mold. Made ice last for days. Just looked ugly as chit.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:54 AM   #65
Pedro7
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

I may get flamed for this, but the Yeti/NRA thing is a little childish in my opinion. To me, it sounded like the NRA probably wasn't even using the discounts provided to them and Yeti just told them that they were cleaning house of old discount programs (kind of like Verizon did when they started auditing their corporate discount programs their customers were signed up to). From there, it seemed like the NRA got a little "upset" and they immediately thought to ruin a wildy successful companies name over a discount program by blowing it out of proportion. Kind of childish to me.

I would find it hard to believe a company like Yeti who is marketed largely to the outdoor industry and based in Texas wouldn't support the second amendment.

With that said I am a proud gun owner, support the second amendment, and the NRA. But, to me I thought it made them look bad. Also, I have huge respect for Yeti, their marketing, and the brand they built. They designed a lifestyle around a cooler and made people want to spend $350+ for a piece of white plastic filled with foam. Pretty impressive...

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-18-2018, 10:06 AM   #66
Smokey-T
Full Fledged Farker

I think there was an error for a brief time last evening on RTIC site. I saw on FB there was a 25% off soft coolers for a back to school sale. I thought I would give it a try. I ordered a RTIC 65 and the code actually worked. Took it to $179 (plus tax). I got my order in, it gave me an immediate email confirmation and it shipped within 30mins. I showed a friend and he tried and it would not work. I would have shared with others, but it closed too fast.

So.... I will be in the roto molded cool kids club now. In baby blue (for my Penguins throwback color).

Old 08-18-2018, 11:32 AM   #67
BigThicket
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey-T View Post
I think there was an error for a brief time last evening on RTIC site. I saw on FB there was a 25% off soft coolers for a back to school sale. I thought I would give it a try. I ordered a RTIC 65 and the code actually worked. Took it to $179 (plus tax). I got my order in, it gave me an immediate email confirmation and it shipped within 30mins. I showed a friend and he tried and it would not work. I would have shared with others, but it closed too fast.

So.... I will be in the roto molded cool kids club now. In baby blue (for my Penguins throwback color).
Congrats! Nice score.

So it goes - Vonnegut
BigThicket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2018, 02:43 PM   #68
ClintHTX
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro7 View Post
I may get flamed for this, but the Yeti/NRA thing is a little childish in my opinion. To me, it sounded like the NRA probably wasn't even using the discounts provided to them and Yeti just told them that they were cleaning house of old discount programs (kind of like Verizon did when they started auditing their corporate discount programs their customers were signed up to). From there, it seemed like the NRA got a little "upset" and they immediately thought to ruin a wildy successful companies name over a discount program by blowing it out of proportion. Kind of childish to me.

I would find it hard to believe a company like Yeti who is marketed largely to the outdoor industry and based in Texas wouldn't support the second amendment.

With that said I am a proud gun owner, support the second amendment, and the NRA. But, to me I thought it made them look bad. Also, I have huge respect for Yeti, their marketing, and the brand they built. They designed a lifestyle around a cooler and made people want to spend $350+ for a piece of white plastic filled with foam. Pretty impressive...

Man speaks the truth.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:50 PM   #69
lankster35
Take a breath!

Take a look at "Bison" coolers which used to be "Brute". They are made in the USA and the owner is local from North Richland Hills in Texas. not sure this helps but he is an Aggie. I have a couple different sizes and a soft pack cooler and they are a great value and hold ice as well as other similar priced coolers.

Old 08-18-2018, 03:00 PM   #70
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
That's how I feel, too. We use our coolers for competitions and rarely need to keep them chilled for more than two days, maybe three for a double header. I can get 22 lbs of ice for $2 at a local grocery store, so it's hard to justify spending an extra $200 -$300 for a cooler.

Now, if any of the recommended cooler manufacturers are reading this and want to sponsor us and provide coolers, just send me a PM!
Same here. Mine has wheels. May not hold ice more than 3 days but i can transport it by myself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #71
gtsum
Babbling Farker

I have a yeti hopper 30 and a tundra 65...they both work well, and hold ice for days when camping, but are overpriced imo. Capacity is limited in them until you get to the really big ones and they r very pricey. A really good soft cooler at good prices is AO coolers...they won’t keep ice for 6-7 days like a yeti, but they are a great compromise. I have several of those for the side by side and for in the truck.

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2018, 04:50 PM   #72
tlmustang92
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Ryan

I have a 95 qt pelican that I bought on sale from Costco for around $250ish. I take it on 2-3 week hunts in Idaho and might have to refill it with ice once. I also won a 45 qt Bison from a closest to the pin competition at a golf tournament that I also love. The big thing to remember is a Yeti 65 (or any other size) is not a true 65 qt cooler while most other brands are close to the advertised size.
tlmustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote