MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
Red57Bird
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Sauce for Shoulder and Ribs

I searched for the thread that I pulled this sauce recipe from, but I haven't been able to find it. I did a shoulder and some ribs a week ago this past Saturday and was looking for a sauce to do. I found this recipe and figured I'd give it a try. I can say without hesitation that it is the absolute best BBQ sauce I have ever had. The family and the company we had over agreed as well. I got lots of compliments and was asked when they could buy it.

I think this is going to be my go-to sauce from now on.

64 oz. catsup
(5) cups apple cider vinegar
(2) lbs. light brown sugar
(2) tbls of ground dried garlic
1/4 tsp cinnamon
(2) tbls crushed red pepper
1/2 tbls ground cayenne pepper
(2) tbls of Worchestershire sauce
(1) large chopped onion
(1) large chopped apple

Add all ingredients in a non-reactive pot (no Teflon) and bring to rolling boil, stirring constantly and reduce volume by 1/3. Because of the strong vinegar smell, need to keep the fan on or cook outside.
Red57Bird is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Red57Bird
Knows what a fatty is.

Finally found the original thread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...lliams+grillin

Only change I made was to reduce the amount of cayenne and crushed pepper. I'm not a fan of hot/spicy food, and this change gave this sauce just the right combo of sweetness/bite. I'll definitely be making up some more of this soon.
Red57Bird is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks for reviving the post- looks like something I'll be trying.

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

22.5 OTG, 18.5 OTS, 18.5 WSM, Chargriller Duo with optional side fire box.
[COLOR=red]"Founders Club" Operation BBQ Relief.[/COLOR]
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
devious
is one Smokin' Farker

yeah i second that. i just told the wife that im tired of these store bought sauces
devious is offline   Reply With Quote