• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Meat Loaf help...

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hello all...
Looking for time and temp for meat loaf -
Doing ground chuck and sausage - thoughts??

Will post pics later of the cook - Thanks.

I love meatloaf...you will be hooked...just a warning. I like to cook my loaf at 300-350. At 120 internal or so I will put on a ketcup baste w/ a lil brownsugar and BBQ sauce...then cook internal till 160 and pull.

I did mine on a Weber, about 2 hours, at 300*, I believe it was around 160* ...really good, Try doing stuffed burgers...very good!

BTW, in the other thread you mentioned "Beef and Guiness" What is that?
(living on a rock mod.)

BTW, in the other thread you mentioned "Beef and Guiness" What is that?
(living on a rock mod.)

I found it posted in the recipe section when I was looking for meat loaf info - but I also saw a thread by CarbonToe - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33876
It reminded me of a meat and mushroom pie with a horseradish sauce I had recently andreally liked.

Thanks for the info guys - appreciate it.

If you've got sausage in it, I'd take it a little higher than if it were beef alone. I'm thinking 170 or so.

i call em super fatties and do em just like a fattie
250 for about 3 hours till 170 internal

24feb07-007.jpg

17feb07_3-001.jpg

17feb07_4-015.jpg

:biggrin:

Looks good Rick - do you saute your veggies first?

Looks good Rick - do you saute your veggies first?
i didn't on those but you could. i think there's only some onion and cracker crumbs in there and some cheese and half hamburger, half pork sausage.

i put em on the grid with a drip pan underneath so they aren't boiling in their own fat. should be a bit healthier that way

i haven't done those in a long time... but now i want to!

24feb07_1-017.jpg

rick you had me when i saw the bacon topping. great loooooking food. i think i'm getting the shakesss. great job:-D:cool:

I chop up an onion is mine as well. There is no need to saute first. They will cook inside the loaf. I dont like raw onion, and youd think they were sauted after the loaf is done

I just use a box of Lipton Onion Soup Mix and cook till internal reaches 160. First hour is in a pan. after that I take it out and just keep smokin.

OK - the loaf just went on - 2 lbs chuck and 1 lb mild pork sausage. Diced onion and celery, some garlic powder, mustard.
Topped it with some of my brisket rub.
Also put on a big sweet onion - peeled it, scored it, some brisket rub (keeping with a theme here) and topped with a few pats of butter... only wish I had some bacon a al Rick....

sounds good. There will be a lot of flavor, you prob wont even miss the bacon.

more healtly without the bacon and you won't miss it as gpalasz said.

rick bacon is no good anyway :biggrin:

All right - have a few new additions to the dinner menu...
The meat loaf was really good - should have pulled it a little sooner but good none the less. The onion was quite tasty. I added a little mac & cheese to round out the comfort food plate.

Thanks for all the info guys -

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 43
I wish I had that for dinner! Nice job... That Mac and cheese looks great! Is that from "americas test kitchen?"

That Mac and cheese looks great! Is that from "americas test kitchen?"
Nope - it's from my butcher.... I don't usually make home made M&C - I have learned there are things I am just not good at so I focus on other things... M&C is on my "I'm no good at list" - right up there with potato salad. Go figure...

LMAJ, besides a great looking meatloaf and M&C your choice of beer is aces in my book:icon_bigsmil

Back