OMG! It's December, No Rock N' Ribs contest for us this year!

Entry fee: $300
Fee Includes:
20' x 20' Booth
10' x 10' Tent
2 Tables
4 Chairs
2 Festival T-shirts
Access to Water
Access to Electricty

20x20 Booth???????? I am confused.
If it is full already it must be a real good comp
Skip

From what I've been told, it would have been a good one to go down and try to "steal". Wozniak (Bar-B-Quau) won it all 2 years ago, and was reserve last year. Hell, yea, I'd go back too!
I've also heard from one of the guys that cooks this event every year that the smell of lighter fluid is stronger than the smell of wood burning.....

Kick, do they cook in a booth or open space? I think of a booth as closed in space.
Skip

Chick'n Pig BBQ said:
Kick, do they cook in a booth or open space? I think of a booth as closed in space.
Skip

They provide the spot, and tent....campers and trailers aren't permitted on the grounds.....groovy huh?

That would be different to say the least. I need all the beauty rest that I can get and a soft comfy dry place to lay down for a few hours is real important, like in my trailer.
Skip

Oh, you can bring them....you just have to park them in a lot across the street, or at least that's what I think you can do....imagine us without good sleep and a shower for 3 days!

No Rock N' Ribs

Hey fellow MOFOs, we have the new contest in Jefferson City the week before Rock N' Ribs, the Marshall contest the same week as Rock N' Ribs and Warsaw the week after Rock N' Ribs. And that's just the central Missouri contests. The payouts at Jefferson City and Marshall are comparable to Rock N' Ribs.

My teammates and I have been discussing which contests we want to enter. The Jefferson City Contest looks very enticing. Springfield was not on our list of possibles.

Hmmm... Capital City Cookoff, huh? Same weekend as Osage City, Kansas. Something to consider this coming year. I think I'm sure to have a sponsor if I do Jefferson City instead!

Jeff_in_KC said:
Hmmm... Capital City Cookoff, huh? Same weekend as Osage City, Kansas. Something to consider this coming year. I think I'm sure to have a sponsor if I do Jefferson City instead!

Naw....you won't like it...same results for you as BoCo fair...,without a heat stoke...:mrgreen:

Just kidding ya bro....you know you're welcome!

Jeff City payouts look great!! And it's close. See you all there.

Spice

Solidkick said:
Naw....you won't like it...same results for you as BoCo fair...,without a heat stoke...:mrgreen:

Just kidding ya bro....you know you're welcome!

There's probably some truth to that, Gary! We did really well around KC and in Michigan but damn it, every time we headed towards central Missouri we got our butts kicked! :roll: Sedalia (1 walk, 20th out of 45 overall), BoCo Fair (1 walk, 18th out of 30 overall) and Laurie (1 walk and I think around 12th overall) all were bad. The best was the Brain Injury Assn in Columbia at 6th out of 20 teams.

No heat stroke is a good thing! :lol: Plus the wind won't blow NEAR as hard as it constantly did in Osage City, KS. :roll:

Back