• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fire Roasted Four Pepper White Bean Chili W/Chicken..Pron included

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey all:heh:, hope you're all havin' a great week.
Been working on a white bean chili recipe, and this one turned out real good, suited the rainy weather just fine.

Here are the players.......
Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken002_zpsf2a6f50c.jpg

Started by spatchcocking the bird and seasoned it all up with Tasty Licks Savory Poultry and Oakridge HDD and got that on the kettle with some apple wood for smoke.
Before I buttoned up the kettle though, I fire roasted my peppers. For this cook I used Pasilla, Red Chili, Anaheim and Jalapeno peppers.
Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken004_zps31f40423.jpg

Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken006_zpsb467c3ce.jpg

Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken010_zps58633351.jpg

Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken011_zpsdd1f1658.jpg

Set the peppers aside in a covered bowl to sweat awhile, closed up the kettle, and had this about an hour and 15 minutes later,
Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken012_zpsaea427d1.jpg

I took 1/2 the chicken and tossed that into some water to make the broth for the chili, kept the other half to munch on later......
Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken013_zps9ae5ff83.jpg

I let this simmer for a couple hours. In the mean time I peeled, cleaned and chopped the peppers and chopped the onions.....
Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken014_zps165c0c0d.jpg

Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken015_zpsa5a1d542.jpg

Wound up with this to work with...........
Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken016_zps8b13e1b4.jpg

Saute`d up the onions, peppers and some chopped garlic......
Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken017_zps9e1824ff.jpg

Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken018_zps147ebda8.jpg

Tossed in the broth and beans, added the fiesta spices, covered and let that simmer for a few hours til the beans were tender and then thickened it up with a little Masa corn flour to get this.........
Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken020_zps82d9254e.jpg

Cleaned and pulled the chicken and tossed that in.......
Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken021_zps17f86455.jpg

Mixed it all up, adjusted the seasoning and then....
Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken022_zps881553bd.jpg

Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken023_zpsfa4629aa.jpg

Dished it up topped with some sharp cheddar, pepperjack cheese and some chives. Served with a little corn bread and salad. It was absolutely wonderful.
Roasted4PepperandWhiteBeanChiliwithChicken025_zpsf23f916c.jpg

This had just he right heat for me, and the broth from the smoked chicken really added to the flavor, even the wife loved it, and she's not necessarily a big chili fan. In any case, hope I didn't bore anyone with all the pics.....

Thanks for looking,

KC

that looks pretty tasty! :thumb: I do mine with some chorizo, and a bunch of cilantro (stems early in the cook, and leaves right near the end)

Great job and thanks for posing the details - now I am fired up to make some chili!

Looks awesome... chicken looks perfect

And nothing beats a smoked chicken/turkey stock... I take the carcass and make a stock every time I smoke a bird and then I awlays have stock on hand for soups, stews, and chili

Are all you guys on here like professional chefs? How do you come up with this stuff?? It looks amazing!!

Just made a batch myself. Gotta let it cool then maybe some garlic bread to go with it. Nice rainy day meal. Thanks again.

Back