Serving Brisket tomorrow with no time to cook

dupemaster

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ok, I've got a 14lb brisket on the uds right now. The plan is to serve it tomorrow to family for dinner in honor of the Tide kicking the living crap out of the Irish.

My question is whats the best way to hold it till then and then reheat?

Should I stick it in a cooler all night and put it in the fridge in the AM, or is there a better way?

Game starts and 5 and I wont even bee home till 6 :mad: so I have no time to cook or even a long reheat.

How would you reheat?

Cook until it is done. Rest on counter until it is cool. Wrap and fridge. Have someone pull it and put in oven wrapped, at 300f for one hour or so.

From what people have told me and I had some luck with is:

Let it rest in a faux Cambro for an hour. Then vacuum seal it and ice it or toss in freezer. After 30-60 min toss in fridge.

If you don't have a vacuum sealer (I didn't not)

Remove foil or paper if there is any. Let it rest uncovered for 30 min to form a bark. Then plastic wrap the fark out of it a bunch of times. Then toss in the freezer. To chill real quick. After 30-60 min toss in fridge overnight.

To reheat the brisket, in the vacuum bag or as I did in the plastic wrap, toss in a pan of water in the oven at 250-300 depending on how much time you have till an IT of 160. Shud take 1-2 hours.

I saved my juice from the 30 min rest and used that to serve.

Good luck and perhaps others will give some tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely like Landarc's technique but I would wrap with the juices (he didn't specify) when I put in the fridge. That way it re-heats in its own juice. Not as good as right off the smoker but not bad. Good luck!

I posted a similar question Friday for a Saturday dinner. Wrapped in saran wrap after letting it cool outside. (10 degrees in IA) refrigerated, heated at 300 with some beef broth on the bottom of aluminium pan with foil on top at 300 for about an hour.

It turned out great.

Regarding the brisket, I'd also follow landarc's advice.

BUT......what I wanna know is.......

Just WHAT are you gonna do when Notre Dame wins?

:boxing:

You are going to have to hold it for a long time if you think the tide is going to beat ND:clap:

I would cook it until it was done and rested. I would vacuum seal it (separate point and flat if you can not seal the whole thing in one bag) and put it in the fridge until you need it and then put the vacuum sealed brisket in a pot of boiling water to reheat. It will taste as good as if it was served fresh yesterday and still be very juicy. I have done this a number of times and it has always been very moist and tasted great.

Back