AR State Championship - KCBS

H

handsomejack

Okay, how 'bout the AR State Championship cookoff going on here in Texarkana, AR on Oct. 22? Are any of you guys gonna be at that one?

It's the Blues Fest and BBQ cookoff. Just curious to know if I'm finally gonna get to meet some of you guys I've been talking to for the last year, or so!

Fish

Not me. After DeSoto, Kansas this coming Friday/Saturday, we're done til spring.

We'll be there. It looks like a bit of a haul, but I'm looking forward to it. Do you know any details about the competition site?

Street Party

I'm gonna check on the site set up tomorrow. This is only the second year for the Blues Fest/Cookoff downtown. Last year there were only about 18-20 teams, and it was mostly local folks. We won that one! It was like a big street party with the cooking action set up in parking spaces on the side of the road...I'm sure this year is gonna be different since it's the state cookoff.

Last I heard there were about 40 entries...probably gonna be some serious competition! I haven't done any KCBS cooks, yet- probably gonna get smoked...

One thing is certain with our crew. We'll be gettin' smoked with a cold beer and a smile on!!! Gonna be some great bands as well...

How do I know who is who?

Back