Is This A Good Weber Gasser???

Looks like a Weber Genesis.

3 burners - (notice the three control dial on the right)

No sideburner. Sideburner if it had one would be to the right of the controls and igniter button

The side table is a composite and not wood slats so it is not that old. I'm guessing about 10 years.

JNo lava rock. It should be flavorizer bars over each burner and in bewteen for total of 5.

It appears to have the stainless grates rather than the porcelain cast iron.

$60? Not too bad, but i would expect it could be had for $40. But if it has new burners $60 is probably pretty good. It all depends on condition when you see it.

I have a red 2 burner version. Bought it for $20 about 4 years ago with a full propane tank. Still works great, and parts are easily accessible.

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1658501 said:
Thanks!!

Are the Burners from Left to right or front to back?

Mine are left to right. Not sure about that model.

Pretty much everything Tim said is accurate. The only thing I'll add is that there will also be a tube running front to back on the very left side of the grill. It's doesn't put out much heat, it just supplies ignition for the middle and back tubes.

But yeah, the grates seem to be in good shape. If you go look at it take the grates off and you should see the 5 flavorizer bars. Take those off and you should see the burners. If the burners and flavorizer bars are in good shape I'd say $60 is a pretty good deal. If the flavorizer bars need to be replaced you're looking at $40 or so. If the burners are bad you're probably looking at $50.

Thanks for the help. I picked it up for $40.00 including an almost full tank. The Flavorizer bars and Grates look great.

I did not check it to see if the burners worked, that may have been a bad idea but overall shape told me they should be fine.

I figured if I fired it up melting grease would have gotten all over the place and I did not bring my trailer. Just put it in the back.

Will post a progress thread later.

I have a question, can I place a piece of expanded metal over the Flavorizer bars and place lava stones on top of that?

I don't see anything that would stop you from doing that but why would you want to? It's just going to make it messier when you're trying to clean it up.

I don't see anything that would stop you from doing that but why would you want to? It's just going to make it messier when you're trying to clean it up.

I have never owed a Gasser. I really know nothing, my thought is that the lava would created a more even heat. Maybe not???

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1658663 said:
Thanks for the help. I picked it up for $40.00 including an almost full tank. The Flavorizer bars and Grates look great.

I did not check it to see if the burners worked, that may have been a bad idea but overall shape told me they should be fine.

I figured if I fired it up melting grease would have gotten all over the place and I did not bring my trailer. Just put it in the back.

Will post a progress thread later.

I have a question, can I place a piece of expanded metal over the Flavorizer bars and place lava stones on top of that?

NICE!

As for the lava stones, no need. The webers actually provide fairly even heat, execpt that you find the very front corners are a littel cooler, perticularlay on the right side. I use that for smaller pieces of meat that I don't want to overcook.

PLUS, the weber is design to dripping grease to the middle and out the bottom into drip pan. Lava rocks will inhibit that by soaking it up.

Now that you own a gasser you will quickly find that they a place in anyone's outdoor cooking aresenal. Enjoy!

The Weber does not need lava rocks.

When you get home, clean it up real good using a paint scraper to remove loose debris inside and a small steel brush to clean the burners (they can get clogged, I do mine once or twice a year).

These are fun to rehab. Use a razor blade on the tough spots. You can use oven cleaner on the porcelain enamel with no worries. Ebay has plenty of replacement parts for cheap. Enjoy!

I have had a couple of Weber Genesis grills and i love em.

Parts are readily available and they are a snap to use and maintain.

Great patio grills or weeknight grills when you don't feel like lighting up the charcoal.

You got a deal.

Back