New Michigan Contest (8/15-16)

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I see on the KCBS website that there is a new contest in Mt Morris (near Flint) on 8/15 and 8/16. So far no details at all as I just emailed the organizer. And so far no proclamation. Still if they get moving on that it sounds like a winner.

Hope the GLBBQA gets talking with them soon.

That'll be a tough one to fill up.. Madison, In. is the same weekend... but then again, i don't think it would break my heart to see All Day Smoke to stay in Michigan. (kidding guys, i look very much forward to seeing you all again on the road !!)

All ready have spoken to them Ford, about 2 weeks ago. That one is about 10 miles from my house :)

I see on the KCBS website that there is a new contest in Mt Morris (near Flint) on 8/15 and 8/16. So far no details at all as I just emailed the organizer. And so far no proclamation. Still if they get moving on that it sounds like a winner.

Hope the GLBBQA gets talking with them soon.

Already doing so Ford, Mike will post something as soon as he hear's more!!

That'll be a tough one to fill up.. Madison, In. is the same weekend... but then again, i don't think it would break my heart to see All Day Smoke to stay in Michigan. (kidding guys, i look very much forward to seeing you all again on the road !!)
It will probably draw 20+ teams from the Detroit/Toledo area alone. Also some Ohio folks probably. And it will probably be 20 F cooler :biggrin:

Last edited:
Hey Podge,

It wouldnt hurt my feelings either!! Just kidding ... I've got a long way to go to worry about Jim!!!

It will probably draw 20+ teams from the Detroit/Toledo area alone. Also some Ohio folks probably. And it will probably be 20 F cooler :biggrin:

well, then it ought to be pretty successful !.. so, you're not coming to Madison then i'd assume ?

well, then it ought to be pretty successful !.. so, you're not coming to Madison then i'd assume ?
We haven't been there since the hot humid 2005 contest. It was fun but a long drive and too humid. I can do hot but humid like that was a killer. Remember the inside of the motorhome windows fogged up and we had the AC set at about 78.

I think I'm going to Michigan too....

I agree Scottyd, I have never done a Michigian contest and it cant be any further for me than Madison,IN

Us Michigan cooks, will welcome you.. Might even give you a little GJ as well...

Scottie

Us Michigan cooks, will welcome you.. Might even give you a little GJ as well...

Scottie

ynuk,ynuk,ynuk....allways the wiseguy, eh??? LOL:tongue:

stoogedu3.jpg

Just trying to get some field filler up here... Plus, I know he has a killer breakfast and my kids just adore his wife and his dogs. He also always has a bottle of GJ in his freezer as well. And if all else fails, I have a partner to drink vodka/lemonades... :roll:

Hum another MI contest. Good I won't have to pay all those tolls in IN and IL. I can just give the extra change to BBQ Bubbas favorite charity. "Save the Barrels"

Just trying to get some field filler up here... Plus, I know he has a killer breakfast and my kids just adore his wife and his dogs. He also always has a bottle of GJ in his freezer as well. And if all else fails, I have a partner to drink vodka/lemonades... :roll:

I'd be happy to help you out with the vodka/lemonades...:wink:. As far as the GJ, Walt doesn't leave home without it.......should have seen him at Lamb's Farm last year when it was the one thing we forgot......finally found a store a few miles down the road, pulled in with the coach (small parking lot) and it was funnier than chit watching him try to manuver it out of there!!!:lol:

Hum another MI contest. Good I won't have to pay all those tolls in IN and IL. I can just give the extra change to BBQ Bubbas favorite charity. "Save the Barrels"

And you won't have to drive outta state to pick-up your trophie's .......:cool:

Back