FINALLY - Something other than butts!! (Spares w/PR0N)

mn_big_dog

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Now don't get me wrong....I do like big butts and I cannot lie. But, after cooking it for all the parties and family gatherings over the last few months, it's nice to move onto something else.

Working from home today, so I figured might as well throw some spares on. Smoker is coming up to 250 as I type this, and the ribs are resting, waiting to get some smoke. Kingford comp with cherry chunks and a handful of Jack Daniels chips.

What I used for rub.......

rubs_april12.jpg

The spares resting........

spares_april12.jpg

I'll throw more up later after they are done

Lookin' Good :cool:. Nice cuts, that's something I need to practice more. My St. Louis ribs always look crooked. Good choice on the Jack chips too, I love that stuff.

woh, I just noticed your seasonings... Molasses Bacon!? Awesome.

If you are still cooking at 250, I'd cut down on the time in foil. 5 full hours, 2 in foil is past done. Maybe 3-1-1 at the most.

Here's the rest.......

After 1 hour in foil...........
out_of_foil_april12.jpg

Sauced the ribs with this. Picked it up for $1.99 the other day, figured it was worth a try...
weber_sauce_april12.jpg

While the ribs were finishing, I whipped up some of my favorite rib sauce (Didn't use it tonight, I can it and use it after 2-3 months....much better taste).......
homemade_sauce_april12.jpg

Ribs finished and resting........
done_april12.jpg

Profile shot.......
profile_april12.jpg

Bite shot........
bite_april12.jpg

They turned out great....we finished them off pretty quick :) The Weber sauce was pretty good. Very sweet with just a small amount of spice.

As for the homemade sauce.....found the recipe on-line a while ago, would love to give props, but I don't remember where I found it.

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Honey
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon of your favorite rub
1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
1/2 Tablespoon black pepper

Back