• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Just starting Out

PVBBQGUY

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
New here and to BBQ'ing
Just got a BGE and couldn't wait to finish my table before firing it up. Wow this is a great BBQ!
NorcoRedneck likes my 'Redneck China' :)
I'm looking forward to learning and cooking.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 260
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 262
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 263
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 262
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 263
Welcome to the best Q forum out there, you'll love this place. Good looking grub there!

LOL I totally understand your impatience to use that brand new egg and partial table. Way to go!

Welcome to the forum. Great looking first cook!

Looks good - just think what you will be able to do once you get it fully set up! :wink:

I'd double up on those lower lengthwize 2 x 4's

or that thang is gonna bow.

thats over 140lbs on the shelf.

You fool!!!!! I keep telling the kids this is nothing to mess with. 1st it's a couple of kosher hot dogs or maybe some 70/30 burgers next on to harder stuff
Oh I know what your going to say " but a simple fatty is no big deal" ya right next thing ya know you just spent a weeks pay on shoulder and brisket, Not to mention the cost of booze because you have to have it to cook.

There is no recovery program for this addiction! Instead of chips for days sober you get props for feeding your addiction..

My heart broke today when my 16yr old daughter got home from school today and said "OMG those ribs smell awesome! Dad you need to teach me the wsm so this summer I can cook dinner while you guys are at work"

It is a down hill road run now and save your family:welcome:

Last edited:
You fool!!!!! I keep telling the kids this is nothing to mess with. 1st it's a couple of kosher hot dogs or maybe some 70/30 burgers next on to harder stuff
Oh I know what your going to say " but a simple fatty is no big deal" ya right next thing ya know you just spent a weeks pay on shoulder and brisket, Not to mention the cost of booze because you have to have it to cook.

There is no recovery program for this addiction! Instead of chips for days sober you get props for feeding your addiction..

My heart broke today when my 16yr old daughter got home from school today and said "OMG those ribs smell awesome! Dad you need to teach me the wsm so this summer I can cook dinner while you guys are at work"

It is a down hill road run now and save your family:welcome:

That's the truth...Jack!

Well played.

I'm an impatient fella, too.

Nice gear.

BGEs are Great cookers,just rember,it is just a tool.Short learning curve,but there is one.They are different fom some(most) cookers.You will do great things once you learn how to drive it for different cooks.First cook looks FAB.Congrats.The MAIN advantage I have found is it's ability to smoke,bake or grill,whichever you desire :wink:

Welcome aboard!! If there is ever a BBQ question, this is the place to find the answer.. :thumb::thumb:

Be a nice looking table when its finished.I agree with further backmore support.
Now get kickass cooking,see you in a Throwdown.

Back