MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #16
Soybomb
Full Fledged Farker

I think pots and pans are a lot like knives, you probably don't need a set, just get what you need. I have a couple cast iron skillets that are my main workhorses. I have a 14" stainless fry pan with lid that I can use if I want to brown something then stick it in the oven covered for a while. If I were shopping again for fry pans I'd likely look at cast aluminum. I have a 4 quart stainless pot with lid. The 6 quart enameled dutch oven is great for braising roasts. I also have a small cheap pot I use for sauces and oatmeals. I have a couple large stock pots. Teflon does not enter my home.

Basically figure out how you like to cook and in what and get the pieces.
Soybomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 11-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #17
juslearning
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybomb View Post
I think pots and pans are a lot like knives, you probably don't need a set, just get what you need. I have a couple cast iron skillets that are my main workhorses. I have a 14" stainless fry pan with lid that I can use if I want to brown something then stick it in the oven covered for a while. If I were shopping again for fry pans I'd likely look at cast aluminum. I have a 4 quart stainless pot with lid. The 6 quart enameled dutch oven is great for braising roasts. I also have a small cheap pot I use for sauces and oatmeals. I have a couple large stock pots. Teflon does not enter my home.

Basically figure out how you like to cook and in what and get the pieces.
I already have all the basics that work just fine. Several SS stock pots, and restuarant pans. I don't really NEED any thing I am just wanting a nice set. May even get one of those hanging things to put some of it on.
Proud supporter of #14 Tony Stewart. Go Smoke!!!!

Last edited by juslearning; 11-24-2012 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: left out a word
juslearning is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #18
GARNAAL
is one Smokin' Farker

Default We've had this one for quite a while - happy with it and the price is right too ~ $100

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/wolfgan...cid=SPOT_4XL_1

Old 11-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #19
seattlepitboss
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_BBQ View Post
somebody, somewhere said something about cooking with aluminum will rot your brain.
This is an urban legend long since debunked by the American Medical Society.

seattlepitboss
seattlepitboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #20
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

I have owned all kinds of cookware. My favorite daily use pans are commercial pans from a Restaurant Supply store. Decent price, and they work great.

I currently do not have a "set" of anything. I have my Griswold raw cast iron, my Le Creuset enameled cast iron, my commercial skillets, and some All-Clad sauce pans. Over the years, I tried different cookware, and gradually figured out what I like and don't like. I kept the stuff like, and sold or gave away the rest. It's a personal thing, IMO.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #21
sheepdad
Knows what a fatty is.

Once I went to cast iron...It was all over. No question now.