Looking for a mentor/team - Long Island, NY

darkdrako

Reaction score
I know its a bit late in the season but is there anyone in need of help or to just show someone the ropes. I intend on starting a team hopefully for next year and would just like a taste of bbq, competition style. Currently unemployed and am going to the Brethren Battle on Sunday to hopefully meet some like-minded people and to see what to expect.

No one else in my group of friends actually enjoy bbqing or cooking at all for that matter. Just enjoy eating what I make.

~Ray

Great Ray, don't be shy.:biggrin1:
When you stop by Sunday at the Maples, be sure and introduce yourself around as lots of brethren will be there.:clap2:
Who knows, somebody might put you to work!

(keep in mind that turn in times can be very hectic....):wink:

Last edited:
Same here, Stop by Smokin' Irish, just see how full/ empty the Jameson is but you are welcome either way.

Ray,

Is there any chance that you can make it down on Saturday evening? You'll find people a lot more hospitable. As Wes mentioned, Sunday's are pretty hectic.

Feel free to stop by the Grill Scouts booth and good luck getting a team together.

Eric

I will try to get there for Saturday night as well, just might be a little difficult finding someone to stay with the kids.

I should be there both Saturday night and Sunday for most of the day. Will definitely stop by Grill Scouts and Smokin' Irish BBQ if the invites are still there. Pretty much will be introducing myself to everyone and see what happens.

I should be there both Saturday night and Sunday for most of the day. Will definitely stop by Grill Scouts and Smokin' Irish BBQ if the invites are still there. Pretty much will be introducing myself to everyone and see what happens.

Still avliable.
-Steve

Back