Pulled Pork for 700!

Dex

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
How much would you prepare? 700 people.

Per the customer ..."Our thought is to offer large trays of salad, pulled pork, buns, sauce options, and a dessert tray of cookies, brownies, or something simple, bottled water and possibly bags of chips."

With that said, how much would you prepare? All adults.

Also... what would you charge?

We need the price this to it includes delivery, plates, napkins, and silverware. I would pick those up at Restaurant Depot.

The lady told me she didnt want me to quote it per person, but rather quote it per lb, or per tray of pulled pork

My unperfected math says about around 330 lbs of boneless shoulders, and that's serving up 1/3 lb per person...sounds like a windfall of a gig if you can handle that much pork.

The only way I could handle something that big would be to cook ahead & freeze. Cheers!!!

You will need about 235 pounds of finished product for a 1/3 pound serving per person. $11.00 per finished pound. $400 or so for delivery and table service depending on how far you have to go. That's a total of about $3000. The starting weight should be around 470 pounds. We're paying $1.59 per pound case weight so your raw cost will be around $700. Charcoal, rub, sauce, and table service won't cost you more than another $500 or so. If they want buns, that's an extra charge. You should make a nice profit on this one! Good luck!

You will need about 235 pounds of finished product for a 1/3 pound serving per person. $11.00 per finished pound. $400 or so for delivery and table service depending on how far you have to go. That's a total of about $3000. The starting weight should be around 470 pounds. We're paying $1.59 per pound case weight so your raw cost will be around $700. Charcoal, rub, sauce, and table service won't cost you more than another $500 or so. If they want buns, that's an extra charge. You should make a nice profit on this one! Good luck!

Almost exactly what I figured!

Sent from my blazin' fast HTC Thunderbolt

Back