Flat Iron Steak & Creamy Grits

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I grilled up a flat iron steak tonight for dinner and decided to try something other than potatoes for a side. I cooked up some creamy grits by cooking grits as instructed on the container but instead of using water I used half and half for the liquid. Right after removing them from the heat I whisked in some butter.

I put the grits in the plate, sprinkled them with some fried home smoked bacon and added the steak then topped it all off with some grilled green chilies.

If you think you don't like grits, try cooking them as described above. They are quite tasty.

picture.php

Thanks for looking!

Grits are grrrreat! I love grits, especially with cheese and a fatty.

Bet that was some good eats!

Are you kidding? I farkin' LOVE grits. I am from Alabama after all. That looks awesome! I've done creamy grits before but with regular milk. Gonna hafta try that for sure.

i love flat iron steaks!
looks good

Now that looks like something you would order in a restaurant...nice job...:thumb:

I love grits. Great way to get butter and salt in to the mouth!. Never thought of having 'em with steak though - looks fantastic! :clap2:

Fantastic, I had never had grits made with anything but water, or water and cheese until this year, that looks terrific.

Grits are Grrrrreat!!!
That looks fantastic.
Have y'all ever had shrimp 'n grits?

I eat Shrimp n' Grits at least once a week.

Hominy Grill here in Charleston has goooood Shrimp n' Grits.

Mine aren't too shabby either.

Now thats a great lookin plate of goodness Bo! I love me some grits. I like to try different liquids in mine as well. Recently made some grilled sea scallops on some grits I made with whole milk and a little heavy cream and real butter and it was great.

Anyone ever had a couple of sunny side up eggs on top of a bowl of grits and splashed with some hot sauce? Mix it all together and you got a stick to your ribs breakfast thats hard to beat, especially in the winter.

Yurr close. Cook grits thick with water and thin down with milk.

Back