Glasgow, MO--July 20- 21, 2007

glasgow is north of columbia in the center of missouri

beam boys will be there with the new pit to us still re building it getting it ready :icon_shy

york

The Glasgow Comp is this weekend July 20th & 21st. It's a nice little comp right down on the river in a park that is covered with nice shade trees, etc.
My little buddy Norton has convinced me that we need to do this one in preperation for the Boone County Fair next weekend. I can't believe he thinks we need practice?????????????
York, can't wait to see the new pit. Are you bringing the margarita keg? i'm briniging the digital to catch you in make up mode like at the Shrine Club.
I normally don't do back to back contests, but what the hay....... she'll get over it!

the margrita keg will be there
i am working my a:lol: :lol: off trying to get this pit ready it needs an lot mor work than i thought so we will see if i get it done i am working on it everynight so we will see

york:shock:

the margrita keg will be there
i am working my a:lol: :lol: off trying to get this pit ready it needs an lot mor work than i thought so we will see if i get it done i am working on it everynight so we will see

york:shock:

Awe the magrita keg will be there. Will the wife be in a better mood. I am bringing my wife and kids, which in itself is a heart attack! I tlaked to the guy last night, i think he stuck me out in the boonies. Good luck on getting the pit ready!

Teresa and I was going to cook this one as the Belly Brothers, but just before I sent the entry off, she got an email that her 30 year class reunion is the same weekend. This will be a once in a lifetime occurrance, so we'll be passing on Glasgow, hate to but need to.....looks like it would have been a tough weekend against you guys that are planning to cook anyway.......

See you all at Boone County fair the following week!

My little buddy Norton has convinced me that we need to do this one in preperation for the Boone County Fair next weekend. I can't believe he thinks we need practice?????????????

He just wants to practice them 12 oz arm curls.......LOL

Take an extra pair of pants for him, you know he has a history!! :eek:

Teresa and I was going to cook this one as the Belly Brothers, but just before I sent the entry off, she got an email that her 30 year class reunion is the same weekend. This will be a once in a lifetime occurrance, so we'll be passing on Glasgow, hate to but need to.....looks like it would have been a tough weekend against you guys that are planning to cook anyway.......

See you all at Boone County fair the following week!

No way!!! :eek: There's no way that cute little lady of your's graduated from high school thirty years ago!!! I thought she was younger than me and I got out 24 years ago.

What a great weekend for a contest....we had a cold front come through on Thursday with some rain, and now the highs on Friday and Sat will be in the low to mid 80s, that's almost unheard of in these parts in July.....makes me wish I could be in 2 places at the same time, for sure!
I will miss my BBQ family this weekend....but keep your cell phones on! :^)

Wish I could be there with you guys, But I have to cook for a party saturday night. I will see you all at Boone county next weekend.
Good luck to all!

Results:
GC- Set It & Forget It
RGC- Great Grills
3rd- Sweet Chipotle BBQ
4th- Lit & loaded
5th- Big & Twig BBQ
6th- Ray J's BBQ
7th- Sedalia Master Basters
8th- Chick'n Pig BBQ
9th- AM & PM Smokers
10th- Natural Born Grillers

Chicken
1st- Great Grills
2nd- Higgy's Piggy's
3rd- Ray J's BBQ
4th- Lit & Loaded
5th- Set It & Forget It
6th- Big & Twig BBQ
7th- Chick'n Pig BBQ
8th- Smokey & The Brisket
9th- Have Pig will Travel
10th- Muddy River Boys

Ribs
1st- Meyo's Southern Grillin
2nd- Chick'n Pig BBQ
3rd- Bakers Smokehouse Catering
4th- Set It & Forget It
5th- Sedalia Master Basters
6th- Sweet Chipotle BBQ
7th- Chick' R Us
8th- Great Grills
9th- AM & PM Smokers
10th- Pink Eyed Parrot

Pork
1st- Set It & Forget It
2nd- Beam Boys
3rd- Great Grills
4th- Signature Foods
5th- Sweet Chipotle BBQ
6th- Moonlight BBQ
7th- Come'n Get It
8th- Lit & Loaded
9th- Ray J's BBQ
10th- Muddy river Boys

Brisket
Moonlight BBQ
2nd- Big & Twig BBQ
3rd- The Slabs.com
4th- Sweet Chipotle BBQ
5th- Set It & Forget It
6th- Natural Born Grillers
7th- Big'ns Smoke Shack
8th- Cater Boys
9th- Sedalia Master Basters
10th- Munkee's Pit BBQ

Wow, Darrell got his first Grand!!!! I bet he was pumped!!! He and Ed have really been working hard towards this.

Four top 5 calls, too. That's tough to beat!!

Congrats to all brothers who walked.

Last edited:
Back