MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-25-2021, 12:14 PM   #46
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Spoke with MAK Grills again, and in addition to the Brethren Group Buy deal, they are also going to offer product (details to come) incentives if we hit 20, 25 and 35 units sold. The incentives given at each step will stack on top of the previous incentive. If we hit 35 cookers sold, let’s just say we are talking hundreds of $$’s in incentives to each new MAK owner :)

Last year we hit 29 sold. Would be awesome to see 35+ this year!
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-25-2021, 12:40 PM   #47
CivilTrojan
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

What would you say the capacity difference is between the 1 and 2 star in terms of ribs, briskets, pork butts, steaks and hamburgers?
CivilTrojan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2021, 12:41 PM   #48
Bob C Cue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalters View Post
Spoke with MAK Grills again, and in addition to the Brethren Group Buy deal, they are also going to offer product (details to come) incentives if we hit 20, 25 and 35 units sold. The incentives given at each step will stack on top of the previous incentive. If we hit 35 cookers sold, let’s just say we are talking hundreds of $$’s in incentives to each new MAK owner :)

Last year we hit 29 sold. Would be awesome to see 35+ this year!
I think we can assume PJ will be purchasing 4 or 5 units so we should be off to a good start.
Thermapen Classic
Thermoworks Smoke

[I]Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast[/I].
Bob C Cue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2021, 01:02 PM   #49
rwalters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C Cue View Post
I think we can assume PJ will be purchasing 4 or 5 units so we should be off to a good start.

One for each corner of his front lawn. What a red neck... lol.

Old 02-25-2021, 02:43 PM   #50
rwalters

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilTrojan View Post
What would you say the capacity difference is between the 1 and 2 star in terms of ribs, briskets, pork butts, steaks and hamburgers?

Capacity difference will come in to play for low profile items like jerky, chicken parts, ribs, etc. The 2 Star can handle up to 3 upper greater whereas the 1 Star has a slot for 1 upper grate. I will say though, that with just 1 upper grate, you can feed a small army from either cooker as the both have 858 sq” when you add 1 full upper grate. Small footprint cookers with big capacity :)

Here’s a rib cook on my 2 Star just to give you an idea...

For grilling things like burgers and steaks... the cooking real estate is identical between the two.

Old 02-25-2021, 02:58 PM   #51
70monte
is One Chatty Farker

Just in time for some people to spend that tax return money. Hopefully it will be as or more successful than last year.

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-25-2021, 03:04 PM   #52
jkief
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeffry

That 3* of his is a beauty!

Old 02-25-2021, 03:19 PM   #53
onemanlan
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Taylor

I am also interested in this group buy. Been looking for an excuse to tango with a pellet smoker. You guys wont STFU about it so it must mean something is quality.

Old 02-25-2021, 04:56 PM   #54
Jtracy
Got Wood.

Rwalters, idk if it's already been asked. Are they doing discounts on accessories or just the grills.?
Ps for the folks looking, now is the time to get one. Awesome unit.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Jtracy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2021, 04:58 PM   #55
rwalters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtracy View Post
Rwalters, idk if it's already been asked. Are they doing discounts on accessories or just the grills.?
Ps for the folks looking, now is the time to get one. Awesome unit.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

No discount on accessories, but look at reply #46 above :)

Old 02-25-2021, 11:30 PM   #56
Bob C Cue

A link to MAK's FB page. Scroll down and watch the video posted on Jan 23. It tells you a lot about MAK. https://www.facebook.com/MAKGrills/
Thermapen Classic
Thermoworks Smoke

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast[/I].

Old 02-26-2021, 07:01 AM   #57
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Spot View Post
I have 5 gift cards. 1 Mastercard and 4 Visa for a total of $945.00. One of them is only $20.00 so I could eliminate that and I would be at $925.00 but I would also need to use another credit card if acceptable. Only one way to find out.

Only hesitation I have is, I am no spring chicken, if I should expire, not sure anyone in the family would want it. In this area, might be tough to sell it and if you did, not sure you would get much for it but I am not sure about that.
If you 'expired' before delivery, I'm sure there would be little trouble selling it on to someone else.

Regarding selling after you have enjoyed and 'expire', I think you would be surprised about selling it on. First, you only need one buyer and, secondly, there aren't that many similar options in your part of the world.

Case in point, when I found my AZ BBQ Grills here in Texas ~150 miles away, I bought it. I am still watching for a clean "Long Weekender"!

Seriously, post lockdown craziness in that part of the world, I'm thinking of you New York primarily but, you're not alone, I may 'vacation' in that part of the USA and I know what my SOUVENIER will be!

Old 02-26-2021, 08:55 AM   #58
Bob C Cue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkief View Post
My 1* produces fantastic smoke across the entire temp range. I recently switched doing wings in my kettle with a vortex to my MAK set at 400. Remove the smoke plates and grill on top rack. My wife commented the first time that they have more smoke/grill flavor than the kettle and said she wanted them on the MAK from now on. Sold the kettle and never looked back. Remove the smoke plates and buy a set of grill grates. It will sear and grill better than any gas cooker. I’d sell my gasser today, but it’s the only cooker I own that has the rotisserie attachment. Pellet choice plays a big part of the smoke flavor. While the MAK will chew through any pellet, my family enjoys lumberjack. The flavor is spot on, gets hotter than “cheaper brands” and burns a bit longer. There are other great pellet brands out there as well, but that will influence the smoke profile.
I believe I saw on MAK's website that they do not recommend using grill grates as it could produce too much heat and damage the grill. Thoughts?
Thermapen Classic
Thermoworks Smoke

Old 02-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #59
tom b
somebody shut me the fark up.

Grill grates work fine Bob, just don't cover the whole grill surface. I believe that is so you don't ever restrict air flow.

Old 02-26-2021, 09:43 AM   #60
nautalis
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Nathan

Woohoo! 3 Star here I come! My 2 Star has been solid since day one but the feature list of the new 3 Star is everything I could ever ask for!
MAK 2 Star #4349 - Camp Chef FTG600
nautalis is offline   Reply With Quote