Built In Pellet Grill (Mak2, Memphis, Twin Eagles)

tbraden32

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Ok fellas, came here 3 years ago to find out what grill to purchase. Went from a gasser to a Kamado Joe, loved the Joe then gave the gasser away because I never used it anymore. Then I missed the quick grilling nights so you guys pointed me towards the Mak2. Amazing Grill!

Been using the Mak2 for 3 years now and hardly ever use the Kamado now- its just too easy and makes great food.

Now on too another chapter, I need a built in grill for my new house. I have the porch plumbed for gas, but think I want to stick with a pellet grill. Was looking at the Memphis and Twin Eagle grills.

Anyone have experience with these and could compare to a MAK2?

I will probably keep my Kamado, but part with the MAK2.

Thanks

My thoughts.

Memphis is now manufactured in China. Prices didn’t come down, but from what I have been seeing quality did. That would be a definite no-go for me.

Twin Eagles is new to the market... very very nice, but hasn’t been on the market long enough to really know much, IMO.

MAK has just released their newly designed 3 Star which is amazing! It’s basically two 2 Stars in one cooker. I have seen guys build in 2 Stars, but they’re really not designed for that unless you wanna roll one into a cut-out in your island or outdoor kitchen.

Between the 3 cookers, it would definitely be Twin Eagles or MAK I’d be looking at... and for me, MAK would be the winner. Just my opinions :)

Last edited:
Yep, follow rwalters advise and get you a 3 star. Amazing looking unit. There are several threads regarding this lately, so you should be able to do a quick search on the site and get more info.

Thanks for the info! I'll have too look into the 3* but that thing looks massive! and comes with a big ticket.

The 2* has always been big enough, but just cannot be built in for our location.

Thanks for the info! I'll have too look into the 3* but that thing looks massive! and comes with a big ticket.

The 2* has always been big enough, but just cannot be built in for our location.

Yes, the 3 Star is a beast. You can cook small or LARGE with the dual fire pots. Comparing cost to a Twin Eagles isn’t much different, is it? Really don’t think you can go wrong either way :)

The smokin brothers premier line of pellet grills can be built in too FYI.

The smokin brothers premier line of pellet grills can be built in too FYI.

Yes, that would be a decent option for something less expensive than a 3* or Twin Eagle. Also, I have seen Pitts and Spitts and Yoder’s built in.

My thoughts.

I have seen guys build in 2 Stars, but they’re really not designed for that unless you wanna roll one into a cut-out in your island or outdoor kitchen.

Doing the cutout method with my MAK 1 Star.

A little twist, keep my Mak2 for smoking and long cooks and maybe get a good gasser or mixed kinda grill for quick cooks- seen the America Muscle Grill.

I know- I’m everywhere!!

Built in???

MAK 3 ⭐⭐⭐

That is all...

Back