Rump roast grilled revisited.

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Finely got around to grilling a rump roast last night and it turned out very good. I marinated it for about 2 hours in a mixture I probably will never duplicate, it was very good. Grilled some onions, green peppers and a acorn squash from the garden in some butter and bacon. I did a hot sear on all sides of the roast then put it in a pan and covered with the vegetables and took the roast to 140 internal let it rest and carved.

Everyone thought it was great, sorry no pic just have to trust me and know if you have not tried it give it a try. It was not a lot different than a tri-tip but about half price and will give it another try soon. Next time I will take it to 130 or 135 before letting it rest I would liked to have seen more pink but it was there in the middle and that is what I had.
Dave

Sounds tasty. I got some rumps in the freezer from a 1/2 cow. I'll give a go, and at 130*.:thumb:

Finely got around to grilling a rump roast last night and it turned out very good. I marinated it for about 2 hours in a mixture I probably will never duplicate, it was very good. Grilled some onions, green peppers and a acorn squash from the garden in some butter and bacon. I did a hot sear on all sides of the roast then put it in a pan and covered with the vegetables and took the roast to 140 internal let it rest and carved.

Everyone thought it was great, sorry no pic just have to trust me and know if you have not tried it give it a try. It was not a lot different than a tri-tip but about half price and will give it another try soon. Next time I will take it to 130 or 135 before letting it rest I would liked to have seen more pink but it was there in the middle and that is what I had.
Dave
Sounds tasty. Since I love Tri-Tip I'll have to try this sometimes.

Back