MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-19-2019, 07:54 AM   #1
DouG M
Full Fledged Farker

Default Frozen Brisket

Can you put a brisket onto cook when it is frozen. I know it will take a little more time to cook. Short on time and no time to thaw. Second ? when would you put on the rub, when it is frozen or after hour or so. TK's DouG M

Old 05-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #2
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

It will work. I'd throw a little oil on it and get some rub on now and probably reapply rub a couple hours into the cook.
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #3
Sean "Puffy" Coals
is one Smokin' Farker

Never tried to cook one frozen before. Normally, leaving it in the sink overnight is all it takes to thaw it out. You can speed up the process and do it in 4 or 5 hrs if you run luke-warm water over it.

I'd think the only real danger is it getting too strong of a smoke flavor for some folks. Maybe wrap it in foil or butcher paper for the first few hrs until it thaws and then unwrap and apply your rub?

Just curious about how this situation came up that you have to cook this brisket so soon without time to thaw it first?

Either way, let us know how it turns out.

Old 05-19-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Throw it on frozen. Season after it thaws a little.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote