Poor Man's basket for Dera/BSKD

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
Maintenance day here today.
Had all the bits an peices on the drive to pressure wash. Looked at charcoal ring from WSM sitting next to my home made charcoal basket for Dera. Says to self--"Self, I wonder if that ring will fit Dera???"
Answer--You betcha! :lol:

So, for those that want a basket but don't need the full load capacity of a Spice one--this will hold 12 Pounds and should provide a great burn with lots of air flow.

Weber part # 861601. Costs $29.45 plus $5 shipping. Took me 1/2 hour on hold to get that price :twisted:

Web page is: http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/support/part/schematic.aspx?inc=P2820

TIM

Attachments

• WSM Ring1.JPG
    WSM Ring1.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 104
  • WSM Ring2.JPG
    WSM Ring2.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 104
Kapn A "Eureka" moment. Wow.

Congrats, that looks like a good problem solver.:-D

Well kiss my ass!!!

Tim, excellent idea!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sweet. I love interchangability of parts. I scrapped parts from my ECB to put in my WSM. I saw on a few posts over on the Virtual Bullet about buying another grate to lay in the bottom so the coals don't fall through the sides. I wondered if the grates from my ECB would be too big or too small. They were JUST right. Unfortunately, the water pan was too small to use in place of the WSM water pan. I'll have to actually spend the $14 for the Brinkman Coal pan.

Nice innovation you came up with Tim. I'll have to check that out if my home made one ever falls apart.

Tim great find. thanks for the great information.

how's your weather been?

Back