Wampus' Chili in Work Contest

cds9333

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
After responding to a thread, I realized I never put this up here, so here it is.

Our local offices hold a chili contest every year. The same person has won year in and year out (I have not participated as a cook/judge/eater before). This year I decided I would go ahead and enter. I have only made chili once before and it was not the greatest so I of course came here for a recipe. I found Wampus' Big Boy Brisket Chili (Thanks, Wampus) and set out on making it. I don't have a picture of the brisket or any steps, but this is what it looked like in the crock at work.

IMAG0087_zps0a68b5d8.jpg

The judges were other coworkers, and I am proud to say that out of a total of 6 entries (only ~35 co-workers), I dethroned the guy who has won for over the last 4 years. Here is a shot of the prize pack.

IMAG0088_zps6217cf0c.jpg

Great work! I made the same chili recipe, just for eating at home with some leftover brisket, and it was hands down the best chili I have ever had. Congratulations in dethroning the past champ!

Ha! Congrats! :thumb::thumb:

Love the maracas. :becky:

everyone needs a great pair of maracas to play with

Congrats on dethroning the Chili King

Thanks i'm gonna have to make up some hearty chili soon...sounds really good.

Can't beat brisket in chili, I even add some of the drippings for more flavor...

Congrats on the takeover!
I've managed to win the last 2 years at my work chili cookoff as well with that recipe.

I may just do up a batch of chili this weekend......thanks for the inspiration!

Unfortunately, next year I will more than likely not be in this office. Odds are I will be moving about 2 hours South for work, unless I can get lucky and get a job in Germany with my employer (which would be awesome). I don't know if the other office does anything like this, but it may have to start, especially as they will be growing from 4 employees to about 20. Thanks for all the congrats.

Congrats.
With any luck, you'll be able to move around the country/globe spreading the Wampus chili love and winning chili cookoffs everywhere. I would love to get a taste here in Chicago.

Back