Smoked Duck

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
This is domestic duck. I brined in Mad Hunky poultry brine overnight..

064_zps0ac7e331.jpg

068_zps1d08a30e.jpg

then sprinkled with Mad Hunky General Purpose rub...

003_zps6646750c.jpg

used the BPS drum... (still love this thing. :))
My old drum is being neglected!

015_zps26309363.jpg

034_zpsafe14167.jpg

received a box from friends in Germany so I gave the spatzle and salad dressing a try..

017_zpsd297eb59.jpg

033_zpsd45b3bc2.jpg

036_zps77be8f83.jpg

This was my first taste of the Mad Hunky brine, I really liked it!
Also loved the spatzel. :)

056_zps698ad4dc.jpg

062_zps7759fb90.jpg

I pretty much love smoked duck. :)

Thanks for looking!

Outstanding......what internal do you cook duck to. My wife loves duck. This must be done.

Thanks! I like to bring them to 165F or until the juices run clear. The skin on this one was crisp in places and not so crisp in others. I should have taken the time to crisp it up but I was hungry. :redface::-D

Looks great Jeanie. I just love duck but haven't been duck hunting in years so have to rely on friends to give me a duck or two..... not often! Wonderful flavor and fat to die for. Can't wait for the next one.

Looks great Jeanie. I just love duck but haven't been duck hunting in years so have to rely on friends to give me a duck or two..... not often! Wonderful flavor and fat to die for. Can't wait for the next one.

Marty Thanks! I love duck fat too. Hope you are able to go hunting again soon!! It's nice of your friends to share with ya though. :thumb:

Very nice Jeanie! :clap2: The food looks amazing, and aside from that, the BPS drum and the custom grate are sa-weet!

I've eaten and enjoyed duck, but never have cooked it. I've been thinking about trying that as well as goose.

Back