• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Finish butts in the oven?

Smokin' Joe

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone ever finsih butts in the oven? I have more butts to cook than I can handle at one time and thought I might try to finish a few in the oven. Do you foil? Is the result/time about the same??
Thanks!

i've read on here of people finishing butts & briskits and even ribs in oven when weather gets bad or to get some extra crisp on them.

I've had to do that in severe weather a couple of times. I think that at that phase of the cook, you have already absorbed all the soke you need, and the last couple of hours in the oven didn't hut the end results.

I've done it with great results.

Be sure if you put several in there they are foiled well enough to catch all the juice that runs out. Nothing stinks quite as bad as waking up in the morning after a long night of smoking and finding half an inch of juice from the 8 butts you have in there pooled in the bottom of the oven that is dripping out on to the floor.:icon_bugeyed Should have used the extra wide foil. :icon_blush: Live and learn.

Does work great if you don't fark it up.

Thanks a bunch guys....18 butts ready to go on @ 3AM :)

I do it all the time but I put it inside a cake pan so if the foil leaks, you don't lose the juice and make a mess.

Butts are on and most are stuck in the 160 range....look and smell great, supper starts at 5pm :)

Back