MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Merl
Full Fledged Farker

Default A few reminders!

This is great. A big thank you to Phil.

I do want to begin this thread with a few reminders.
1. Only a few board members read any forum, at all.
2. Even fewer BOD members will respond on a forum.

So what do you do.
Use this area to voice, vent, suggest and cause discussion and consideration of issues and matters of importance.
But
Do not forget, direct mail to the BOD is always a good way to get your point across. Do not just complain, offer a suggestion for improvement.

Remember you may request from KCBS the agenda for any BOD meeting 48 hours in advance of the meeting. BOD meetings are generally on the second Wednesday of each month, but not always. Check with KCBS. February meeting is Feb 8 and we work all day Feb 9 on KCBS matters in a workshop setting.

You may attend a meeting and speak on an issue or issues. You must register with the Secretary of KCBS at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. The request forms are available though KCBS.

With this in mind, I look forward to this section.
One last thing to remember, any member of Board who is willing to post here, can truly only speak on their own behalf, and not on behalf of the BOD or KCBS.

Looking forward to a great discussion, and please be understanding.
Yours in Q, and willing to stand in the fire.
Merl Whitebook
Merl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
BigBarry
is One Chatty Farker

Merl - you are great! Thanks for being here!
Webers: Smokey Mountains (2 18.5" and a 22.5") - Performer 22" Silver - Go AnyWhere Charcoal - Smokey Joe Platinum - Craigslist Silver Gasser
BBQ - Bring Beer Quick!
In the Land of the Pig, the Butcher is King!
BigBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
Scottie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Thanks for the reminder Merl!!!

Be expecting a email from me for the next Board meeting!

All the best!

Scottie

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Thanks Merl, i was working on posting the Rules of this forum and its intent. But this is even better. Thanks.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:20 PM   #5
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

I'd like to add and comment on what my intentions are for this forum.

Not only to be a place FOR THE BOARD. It was not set up with the intention of putting the board members on the spot, or even having them join in all the time.. I would like this to be where members can speak freely, expecting that a board member will see it, yet not always be in a position to comment. I am going to move a bucnh of threads in here that would be appropiate IMO.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
leanza
Babbling Farker

Nothing like another Brethren innovation. Direct line mod.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
LindaM
Full Fledged Farker

Phil,

I also want to take this opportunity to thank you for this area. I will do my best to get here AMAP. You can always email me directly as well. I am here for the membership and want to do what is right for everyone. I do listen.

Linda
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #8
Gene01
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Thank you Phil

I would also like to thank you Phil, it is nice to knwo that people can come to a location to ask board members questions, this is one of the things that I posted here the other day in my response to KCBS questionaire, I believe that the board works for the members and is responsible to report back to said membership..... I know that there is kind of a gag order on board members now, I would if elected to the board request that we vote this rule out and make the meeting available online to be listened to in addition to our financial status being available to mebers in good standing.
Gene01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:00 PM   #9
Bunny
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene01 View Post
I would also like to thank you Phil, it is nice to knwo that people can come to a location to ask board members questions, this is one of the things that I posted here the other day in my response to KCBS questionaire, I believe that the board works for the members and is responsible to report back to said membership..... I know that there is kind of a gag order on board members now, I would if elected to the board request that we vote this rule out and make the meeting available online to be listened to in addition to our financial status being available to mebers in good standing.
Who put the gag order on Board members? Hmmmm.... I would love for this rule to be to be voted out!!
Old 05-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Merl,

So what happens when you do all of the above that you mention, and not a single person at KCBS will respond to any emails, or return a call?

This has happened to me more than once when I call or email asking a question, and offering a suggestion. It is always, I will have someone call you. Than years later, I am still waiting. Or, never even have the common courtesy to acknowledge an email.

Thanks for letting me vent,
Bill
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #11
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke-n-my-i's View Post
Merl,

So what happens when you do all of the above that you mention, and not a single person at KCBS will respond to any emails, or return a call?

This has happened to me more than once when I call or email asking a question, and offering a suggestion. It is always, I will have someone call you. Than years later, I am still waiting. Or, never even have the common courtesy to acknowledge an email.

Bill
Who is Merl?
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #12
ricksegers
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke-n-my-i's View Post
Merl,

Bill
I'm still waiting on answers from BOD and staff.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #13
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Hey Rick,

I think this pretty well sums it up.... mine was posted when???? going on 2 yrs, and no reply.....
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote