Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Westmont, IL - Red, White, & Bar-B-Q 5/25-27, 2012

Stoke&Smoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Figured nobody else did yet, so may as well pin this up!

Who's in?

So far, the sight shows 47 teams, and about 10 so far for amatuers.

I heard a rumor there might be more teams than last year. Is that even possible? Didn't seem like a lit of extra space last year, although it is a huge park.

We are excited to be bringing the new trailer out for it's maiden voyage (of about 8 miles :becky:

Edit :doh: Sorry, Westmont, IL Mods - can that be added, mea culpa. I will go sit in the penalty box now

I suppose I'll go. Officially there are 54 teams entered. About 15 amatures, but that number will climb. They are capping at 65 terms, so if you don't have it in, better hurry. Having some heavy out of state influence this year. Me and my big mouth!!! ;) they are also reconfiguring a bit this year. All I'll say about that is... there won't be any mud slides this year....

Considering the state of my shoes at the end of last year...:clap::clap2::clap:

I see so far there are teams coming from CO, WI KS, MI, MD, IA,and of course IL, and

Smokin' Croatians will be there. This will be my 1st year there. My dad judged last year and figured we needed to compete there this year. I look forward to meeting some Brethren there.

I am not going to make it this time. Big Poppa just got a chunk of my loot for a new Backwoods Party. Soon though, mom ain't happy!:oops:

I suppose this goes without saying after my announcement yesterday, but we're not going to be cooking this year. I have been involved in every Red, White and BBQ as either a cook or judge, so it will feel strange. We'll probably stop by on Saturday night to heckle, errr, visit for a while.

You know you can pull up a chair anytime Ron. If you want some excitement you can hang with us on Sunday as well. You've seen it all anyway.

Chili has been canceled because of Health Department...

Chili has been canceled because of Health Department...

You're kidding, right?

I guess it really doesn't surprise me. The health department crackdown has just about killed the chili competition at Lamb's Farm, too.

TrueQue will be there. Looking forward to competing and hanging out with a couple of Marine Corps buddies! Semper Fi!

The cooks pack has not been completed yet. I'd say 2-3 weeks out. Have another committee meeting next Wednesday.

We sent our entry in but our name isn't on the list yet. Looking forward to it and hoping that the weather holds off this year!!

Back