CL Horizon 20" Marshall is it a deal?

If it's been listed before and still has not sold, i would offer him 600.00.
You can always go up in price if he hits ya with a counter offer.

I would offer 400 and maybe go out to 500. You'll need to clean it and sand it, paint it, etc. Maybe 50 bucks worth of materials but a fair amount of work if you want it to look good.

For the 1500 he claims its worth, you could get the RD version which is much better overall than that one.

Thanks,

What about the Ranger? Is the vertical cooking chamber a major plus or not? Or is there a better smoker not on a trailer but will hold similar pounds of meat?:thumb:

Thanks,

What about the Ranger? Is the vertical cooking chamber a major plus or not? Or is there a better smoker not on a trailer but will hold similar pounds of meat?:thumb:

Google Klose Pits, next I would look at Lang and then Gator, Yoder.:thumb:

Google Klose Pits, next I would look at Lang and then Gator, Yoder.:thumb:

No argument there! My experience with Klose was a blast. Great folks to deal with and the pits are absolutely amazing.

Horizons are really nice heavy smokers, but that one needs some work. For $400 maybe, but not $750.

Thanks,

I have a vertical chamber on my Klose BYC and I think it's a huge advantage - I was cooking hot & fast, low & slow, & keeping stuff warm at the same time this last Saturday. The vertical chamber is great for smoking homemade sausages - I could go on all day about it - I love that farking thing. It has a removable baffle which varied the temp in the vertical chamber by about 50 or so degrees.

That one looks like it needs lots of work to look decent in your backyard.. I'd probably not even go over $300 but I don't know squat about these sort of cookers (I'm all ceramic...)

Back