Smoked Whisky

I am certainly no historian, but I believe whiskey was derived from Scotch Whiskey. If you are from Scotland or the area, it is just called Whiskey. And there is a vast variety of flavors available. Astonishing actually that they have so many makers of Whiskey available in such a small area. I would consider a trip to England just to tour the Whiskey makers....

Typically, it's without the 'e' in Scotland, with the 'e' most other places, though Maker's Mark, I think, removes the 'e'.

Its a shame distilling is frowned upon by .gov type bodies in the US, i've thought a few times of the neat creations that could be made at home.

It's legal to make 10000 gals of ethanol per year. You can apply for a permit free of charge to make it. Just can't take it off your property unless it's cut with gasoline. But you can keep the pure stuff on your property. There's places that'll sell you the distillation equipment and "essences" so it smells
like apples and other fruits as it comes out your tailpipe! Buddy of mine manufactures the stills but there's several places to get em. Just google moonshine stills. You'll find plenty of sources.

Sent from my home rotary phone!

I am certainly no historian, but I believe whiskey was derived from Scotch Whiskey. If you are from Scotland or the area, it is just called Whiskey. And there is a vast variety of flavors available. Astonishing actually that they have so many makers of Whiskey available in such a small area. I would consider a trip to England just to tour the Whiskey makers....

Whoa, whoa, whoa... let's give credit where credit is due. Although the Scots have been distilling for quite some time, the first written record of whiskey in Ireland (1405) predates the first reference in Scotland (1494) by almost a century. :clap2:

And why would you want to go to England? All they make is gin.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... let's give credit where credit is due. Although the Scots have been distilling for quite some time, the first written record of whiskey in Ireland (1405) predates the first reference in Scotland (1494) by almost a century. :clap2:

And why would you want to go to England? All they make is gin.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH GIN??? :caked:

Hmmm . . . I wonder if a guy could smoke gin . . . :razz:

Back