• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

OLD OLD School Smoker. REAL OLD!!!

very cool. we still have the one on our family farm that was built in the later 1800s my family used it intill the later 1970s since than its been used for storage but with a little work it could still be used for smoking

I'd love to see a picture of that thing! Maybe one day you can get in there and use it for some porky products one day!

That's just cool. When my grandparents got married in 1940 their first house that they lived in was a corn crib that was on the farm my grandpaw grew up on. About 20 years ago everything finally fell in. It's very cool for me to see old stuff like that. Good job on preserving your history.

You should be very proud of preserving this piece of your family history! I you grandpa is still around I know he is proud of the effort. For that matter if he is only with you in spirit I know he is looking down and smilin. I know all the Brethren salute your effort and appreciate you sharing.

Thanks for so many pictures of wonderful projects.

I used to do a lot of projects with my dad when I lived at home, and remember a lot of special moments hanging out with him - not as impressive as your restoration and rebuild projects though!

Well, you wanna talk about old old smoking?!?! Here's the old smokehouse that my great grandpa built about 90 years ago when he was young. They were gonna burn down the old house since it was rotten and this smokehouse, but we went and tore it down and rebuilt it behind our house. We've smoked our own bacon and hams in it after our winter slaughters, and used his old salt box even for curing them. I guess you can guess that we were hanging the meat and cold smoking and not cooking to doneness! Always used all hickory for smoking.

I guess it isn't your typical smoker setup, but I thought some of you guys might find it pretty cool. It sure has a lot of sentimental meaning to me and makes me proud that we rebuilt just like he had it, down to the latch that was on the original door.

CabinPicture12.jpg

Snow in Bham... Happens, but not too often.

That is one of the coolest things I've seen. Good on ya for rebuilding it the way you did; that should maintain its sentimental value for generations. Thanks for sharing with us.

That, like everyone else is saying, is freakin awesome! I would love to have some of the old out buildings from my Grandpa's property.

Thanks for posting. It brought back memories of my grandparents' smoke house on their farm. It was not as tall and had a single-sided tin roof like a lean-to. How I wish now I had taken pictures of it!

Outstanding, simply outstanding. More pics of the smoke house PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZ

OLD OLD School Smoker. REAL OLD!!!

Thank you for rebuilding the smokehouse and sharing the picture. Reminds me of when I was a kid and my Grandaddy smoked hams and bacon in his old smokehouse. Thanks again.

Back