BBQ Brethren "Man Sized Meat" Throwdown!

Eggplant Man's Numero Uno Go To HMFIC Kick A$$ Eggplant Recipe:

Ingredients
  • 1 large eggplant
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon hot water
  • 2 tablespoons peanut oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Prick the eggplant several times with a fork, and remove the leaves. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes in the oven, turning over once, until tender. Remove from the oven, and slit open to cool.
  2. While the eggplant are still warm, remove the stem end and peel. Cut into chunks, and place them in the container of a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
  3. In a small dish, combine the garlic, ginger, green onions, and red pepper flakes. In a separate dish, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and hot water.
  4. Heat a wok over high heat until hot enough to evaporate a drop of water. Pour in the peanut oil, and swirl to coat the wok. When the oil is hot, dump in the garlic mixture, and stir-fry for about 15 seconds. Pour in the soy sauce mixture, and bring to a simmer. Stir in the eggplant puree, cooking just until heated through. Remove to a serving dish, and stir in the sesame oil. Allow to cool, and serve at room temperature as a spread for the bread.

Sounds like a nice little baba ganoush recipe Eggplant Man. We love baba ganoush in our house. Thank you so much! I do love this part though, "Heat a wok over high heat until hot enough to evaporate a drop of water." In my world, water will evaporate even at room temperature so long as it's above the dew point.

Oh colonel... The temptation is strong.... Maybe we shoud do a COBOL throwdown!

#1) Farkin autocorrect anyways... CPBP (NOT COBOL)
#2) How cool is it that autocorrect knows COBOL? Maybe I'm NOT such an old computer nerd after all! :) LOL

Neither CPBP or COBOL are large enough to qualify for Man sized. You'll need to cook FORTRAN.

Ok, to be a noob. What is considered a "fattie"? I need to see if my thought on meat selection is going to get me laughed out of town.

"Man sized meat"?
What if one mans "meat", is bigger than the others?
Do you get extra points for that?
Does size matter?

LOL....I couldn't resist.:becky:

This must be a trick question. Seems you are trying to get me to answer the age old question about whether size matters. And the answer to your BIG question is......

:tape::tape::tape::tape::tape::tape::tape::heh:

eye eye captain ... please forgive my noobness :pray:

Unfortunately, a fatty would be DQ'd due to the fact that it is usually NOT one serving but cooked then sliced into servings. Now you could make a single serving fatty but I don't think it would have any chance against a fat man sized juicy steak!:becky:

Unfortunately, a fatty would be DQ'd due to the fact that it is usually NOT one serving but cooked then sliced into servings. Now you could make a single serving fatty but I don't think it would have any chance against a fat man sized juicy steak!:becky:

Well the "fatty" was definitely not my plan anyway, so everything is good.

I lied ... one more question. Where do we post our entrees? You can easily just say "wait till the contest begins and you'll find out."

(gah I hate being a noobie on a message board)

Well the "fatty" was definitely not my plan anyway, so everything is good.

I lied ... one more question. Where do we post our entrees? You can easily just say "wait till the contest begins and you'll find out."

(gah I hate being a noobie on a message board)

This will be the entry thread tomorrow. Bigabyte will change the thread title to "In Progress" from "Coming Friday". Usually we don't get 7 pages of comments prior to opening it up...unless Gore gets involved.

Oh, and ask as many questions you need to. Someone WILL answer.:thumb:

A fatty would be DQ'ed? Even with bacon wrapped, they're only a bit over a pound cooked, well under the weight of a thick steak. I only slice them up into bites. I'm getting completely mixed signals, because from your previous message, it certainly sounded like you wanted a fatty.

..., gimme a huge hunk o meat that you all crave, so punish me! :drama:

... but I could be mistaken, ... yet again. Now I'm not sure what to think. :icon_blush:

Oh, and ask as many questions you need to. Someone WILL answer.:thumb:

That's probably what he's afraid of. :becky:

OK, this seems to be the hierarchy. Gore gets involved. This then pulls in Moose (Usually in abject horror). Who pulls in Bigabyte. Who pulls in Caseydog (Again, and again, and...). Who inevitably pulls in me, which brings Redhot into the equation. Oldyote gets confused and jumps in too. Meanwhile, the Colonel is off the deep end and can show up at odd, random moments. Let's not even mention EggPlant man...

... Oh, tell us more about Eggplant Man. We'd all love to know about him. A true man of mystery without the mask.

OK, this seems to be the hierarchy. Gore gets involved. This then pulls in Moose (Usually in abject horror). Who pulls in Bigabyte. Who pulls in Caseydog (Again, and again, and...). Who inevitably pulls in me, which brings Redhot into the equation. Oldyote gets confused and jumps in too. Meanwhile, the Colonel is off the deep end and can show up at odd, random moments. Let's not even mention EggPlant man...

Gore started it he pulled me in to this one first!:becky:

Back