Butts and Brisket

L

Larry Wolfe

Got up at 4am to get things rolling. I have 16lbs of pulled pork I need to deliver Monday. So I got 4 butts totalling 33lbs rubbed down and onto the WSM's by 5:30.

Then I have a 7.5lb brisket flat for our dinner tonight. It's rubbed down with Wolfe Rub Bold.

Everything is being cooked over kingsford and hickory chunks.

I had to hit the outside and the vents with my hose torch this morning to thaw the ice out to get into them. Gonna warm up today and be farily nice later!

Looks like a good start to the day Larry, plz show us the end result!!

The pictures arnt showing up.
I NEED PHOTOS. lol

The pictures arnt showing up.
I NEED PHOTOS. lol

I think alot of people are having problems with www.allyoucanupload.com .

Here's some from photobucket for ya!

2-2-08002.jpg
2-2-08004.jpg
2-2-08010.jpg
2-2-08008.jpg
2-2-08012.jpg
2-2-08013.jpg
2-2-08015.jpg

is that foil over the water pan? i've got a wsm and never cover the water pan. what is the advantage of covering it?

pics look great. pork butts on a wsm is my kinda thing!:-D:-D:-D

Looking really good. Don't envy your weather. I'm running around in a short sleeve shirt. But, it is a bit breezy here, though!

looks good, to bad it is cold, here in texas i got the back door open and and the sun is shining but there is never a bad time to be cooken i am cooking six racks of ribs in my new gator today will post pics latter

Looks good. how do you keep the pulled pork until Monday for delivery?

P.S. We have ICE here right now also but it is on the inside of my freezer.:rolleyes::mrgreen:

is that foil over the water pan? i've got a wsm and never cover the water pan. what is the advantage of covering it?

pics look great. pork butts on a wsm is my kinda thing!:-D:-D:-D

Actually I use two firebricks in the water pan now instead of sand. They work great and the foil is for easy clean up!

Looks good. how do you keep the pulled pork until Monday for delivery?

P.S. We have ICE here right now also but it is on the inside of my freezer.:rolleyes::mrgreen:

Brian after the pork is pulled and cooled I vacuum seal and freeze it. It's delivered to the customers frozen and when they're ready to eat all they need to do is put the bag into a pot of cold water, bring to a boil, cover until the bag is heated through (approximately 30 minutes depending on the amount of pork in the bag). People love the convenience and the pork is almost as good as it was when it was taken off the pit.

Briskets done, smells good and is tender (probe test)............it's in a warmed but "off" oven now resting for a couple hours....so I'll let you know if it is any good in a little while.
Briskets done and resting!
2-2-08028.jpg
2-2-08031.jpg

I agree, the rubs I tried were good. You won't be disappointed.

You guys are too kind!!! Spicewines Heffer Dust is a family favorite in the Wolfe household, especially my 5 year old daughter (she licks pringles and sprinkles it with Heffer Dust)! But it was my rub on the butts yesterday, WRO.

Back