***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Snags and Slaw" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Snags and Slaw" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Snags and Slaw"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 12/18.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]Al Czervik[/size]
1868724_Al_Czervik.jpg

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
1870147_SmokinAussie.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
IMG_4024-1.jpg

[size=+2]Redhot[/size]
1873199_Redhot.jpg

[size=+2]Oldyote[/size]
1873595_Oldyote.jpg

[size=+2]colonel00[/size]
1876840_colonel00.jpg

[size=+2]Joe Zukes[/size]
1877292_Joe_Zukes.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
1877568_bluetang.jpg

[size=+2]Will work for bbq[/size]
1877843_Will_work_for_bbq.jpg

Last edited:
uhhhh, Chris, you forgot one:

IMG_4024-1.jpg

You can see the slaw in the upper right and the snag in the lower left. Just added a bit of touch-up to the photo in the middle. Bill said there were no DQs, so this should be good, even with the special rules.

Honestly, I thought you stood a far better chance with the other one. However, since this is the one you want to go with, I added it up there!:thumb:

Honestly, I thought you stood a far better chance with the other one. However, since this is the one you want to go with, I added it up there!:thumb:

I tend to agree with you, but there may be some objections to me using someone else's entry ... then again, if past history is any indication, maybe not. :doh:

To be clear, this is biting, cutting-edge art, and some people might find it offensive. Some may even find it childish, sophomoric, in bad taste ... oh how the list goes on. I find myself in this latter group :icon_blush:, but sometimes certain sacrifices need to be made to further our cultural expression, or at least to achieve notoriety and our 15 seconds of fame. If you are a true avant-garde, food-art aficionado and aren't afraid of publicly identifying yourself as such in the poll above, then I'll send you the link (if I can find where I put it in order to keep it from prying eyes, like Bigabyte's). To go along with this, there is also a limited-time special offer (available for the duration of the voting): I'll allow you to add this to your signature line: "I am a Gore-Certified Avant-Garde Food-Art Aficionado." Of course, once the voting is ended, this offer is no longer valid and you're just plain out of luck.

I want it made completely clear that this entry is meant for appreciators of cultural innovations. I don't want this made available to just any pervert. :tsk:

Last edited:
To be clear, this is biting, cutting-edge art, and some people might find it offensive. Some may even find it childish, sophomoric, in bad taste ... oh how the list goes on.
Hmmmm.....

It sounds like it is too high-brow for me then. I am a bit of a bottom-dweller in the humor department. However, I do try and expand my horizons once in a while.

If you are a true avant-garde, food-art aficionado and aren't afraid of publicly identifying yourself as such in the poll above, then I'll send you the link (if I can find where I put it in order to keep it from prying eyes, like Bigabyte's). To go along with this, there is also a limited-time special offer (available for the duration of the voting): I'll allow you to add this to your signature line: "I am a Gore-Certified Avant-Garde Food-Art Aficionado."
Well why didn't you say so in the first place?:confused: I could use a new siggy cert. All the stuff in my siggy is old and stale.

I tend to agree with you, but there may be some objections to me using someone else's entry ... then again, if past history is any indication, maybe not. :doh:

To be clear, this is biting, cutting-edge art, and some people might find it offensive. Some may even find it childish, sophomoric, in bad taste ... oh how the list goes on. I find myself in this latter group :icon_blush:, but sometimes certain sacrifices need to be made to further our cultural expression, or at least to achieve notoriety and our 15 seconds of fame. If you are a true avant-garde, food-art aficionado and aren't afraid of publicly identifying yourself as such in the poll above, then I'll send you the link (if I can find where I put it in order to keep it from prying eyes, like Bigabyte's). To go along with this, there is also a limited-time special offer (available for the duration of the voting): I'll allow you to add this to your signature line: "I am a Gore-Certified Avant-Garde Food-Art Aficionado." Of course, once the voting is ended, this offer is no longer valid and you're just plain out of luck.

I want it made completely clear that this entry is meant for appreciators of cultural innovations. I don't want this made available to just any pervert. :tsk:

I found it. Your security is marginal at best. At first I was a bit confused about the pic and then :shocked::tsk::doh::tsk:

I went with bluetang, very creative, and it looks delicious. As usual, great entries by everyone.

Bluey for me... Very hard choice though! All entries were fantastic!

Cheers!

Bill

Well phase one of my decision making is complete - I'm gonna have to vote for someone who made their own snags. All the shots are amazing and I'd hit every dish hard, but making sausage at home is near and dear to my heart. Now, which one of those farking things...this'll take a couple days...

SmokinAussie gets my vote. Home made snags and bacon? Look out of this world and I KNOW that slaw was good.

SmokinAussie gets my vote. Home made snags and bacon? Look out of this world and I KNOW that slaw was good.

So far that's a vote for the slaw and one for the corn.....:becky: Did anybody know that the bacon was home smoked too!!!:shocked:

I gotta get a vote for the bacon too!:thumb:

So far that's a vote for the slaw and one for the corn.....:becky: Did anybody know that the bacon was home smoked too!!!:shocked:

I gotta get a vote for the bacon too!:thumb:

Um...didn't I post home made snags and bacon?:becky:

It was close between the homemade snags in the race, but in the end, the creativity of bluetang's snags tipped the scales.

Looks like another hotly contested race. That's good for the throwdowns. :thumb:

CD

I had to go with SmokinAussie on this one. Those snags just jumped out at me, especially with the bacon wrap. :clap2:

^^^ Thanks MOOSE... I need a lot more votes though.

I'm afraid my "snag" didn't look juicy enough, or didn't have enough pulling power.. :wink:

A great TD though, even with a small number of entries.

I'll have a good think about how to get more people to participate if I ever win another TD.

Cheers!

Bill

Came down to be between colonel100, SmokinAussie and bluetang - and then I remembered that it's most likely that the colonel actually killed and processed the animal himself - now that's natural food. Also there should be commendations for not using that woody looking thingee.

Back