BBQ Brethren Masters Cut #6 - CHUCK ROAST!!! (ends Sunday night 8/21 at midnight US Central)

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The next cut we are going to master is...

Chuck Roast!
bon27.jpg

Photo from Dorsey Meats website.

*** NEW RULES - SEE BELOW ***

Any roast from the Chuck Primal will be allowed for this contest.

Do you think you have what it takes to be the CHUCK ROAST MASTER??? Well, PROVE IT!!!:twisted:

Here are the rules for the BBQ Brethren CHUCK ROAST Master contest.

1. This contest is open from Monday 8/1 until the Sunday night of the next weekend AFTER the 10th entry is submitted. Dishes must be cooked and photos submitted within this timeframe. The cutoff time to enter your photos is Midnight Central US Time on the final day.
2. Your cooked and submitted dish can consist of one or more items each of which must feature CHUCK ROAST as a primary feature/ingredient. This means you can submit sides or drinks or WHATEVER so long as EACH CONSUMABLE ITEM that composes your entry features CHUCK ROAST as a primary ingredient/feature.
3. You must cook your CHUCK ROAST and/or any other consumable items using a charcoal and/or wood fired grill or smoker, or cook them over an open wood fire. If a dish is submitted where one or more of the consumable items does not feature either CHUCK ROAST prepared this way, or the consumable item itself was not prepared this way, then it will be eligible for disqualification (see below).
4. Only ONE ENTRY may be submitted per person, but this entry can be composed of one or more consumable items so long as each item follows all of the rules.
5. You must submit at least THREE PHOTOS that meet the following criteria:
5a. A picture of your CHUCK ROAST in RAW form. This can be in or out of package, seasoned or not, the choice is up to you. You can take this shot to show off the marbling or other general quality of the meat, or to show off the seasoning or other aplications you perform on the raw meat. Whatever you think gives you the greatest edge in voting to show off your meat in raw form is what you should submit. The meat itself or the pre-cook preparation you do can be very attractive and is the reason this photo requirement is here, to encourage these kinds of photos and maybe even to allow you a chance to develop or sharpen your skills at taking such photos.
5b. A picture of your CHUCK ROAST or one or more of your consumable items being COOKED. Whether it is right when you start cooking it, in the middle of the cook, or towards the end does not matter so long as you think the grill/smoker/fire shot gives you your best shot. Grill shots can be very attractive and is the reason for this requirement, to encourage these kinds of photos and to give people a chance to develop or sharpen your skills at taking such photos.
5c. A picture of your COMPLETED DISH. In the regular Throwdowns people refer to this as the "Money Shot". Please limit non-consumable items in the photo to the bare minimum to present your dish, such as a plate, fork, knife, bowl, glass, table, whatever. Please do not put your dish in the middle of your award winning garden with the fire ring in order to wow us with your amazing background. The dish should be the feature of your photo. So extra decorations are discouraged. Any gratuitous non-consumable decorations could result in disqualification (see below).​
6. You are allowed to touch up your photos for clarity, or to alter the background if necessary to meet the rules specified in rule 5c.
7. By posting your photos, you are granting consent for your photo to be reused for other BBQ Brethren related postings or materials.
8. Any joke photos, or photos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the photo is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
9. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME! Instead, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.
10. If I find an entry to have violated these simple rules, I reserve the right to consider that entry for disqualification (see below).
11. As at any neighborhood block party, the kids are present and part of the festivities, so please keep your posts family friendly.
12. The only time a team entry will be accepted is when the team entry is made by Brethren at a Brethren Bash, and the team name must also be submitted with the entry. Otherwise only individual entries will be accepted.

*** DISQUALIFICATION and the KnucklHed/Bigabyte Short Bus Clause ***
If a dish is found to not follow these rules and is being considered for disqualification, I will take into consideration your entry as a whole along with your intentions and effort. If I find your entry, effort or intentions pleasing enough then I reserve the right to invoke the KnucklHed/Bigabyte Short Bus Clause and allow the entry into voting, but the entry will be placed in the "Short Bus" section. However, if your entry is not found worthy of the "Short Bus Clause" then it will be DISQUALIFIED.

OK all you wannabe BBQ'ers, LET'S GET COOKING!!!:cool: There can be only one CHUCK ROAST MASTER!:boxing: Do you have what it takes to become the CHUCK ROAST MASTER?

NEXT CUT: PORK CHOPS! (will begin the day after after this category ends)

Did the rules change? I seem to remember the last one being 15 entries and no auxiliary items on the plate.

:p

Please take note of the rule changes. The rules have changed. This is not your mother's Chuck Master.

Question, what if Redhot and I have a 5 lb chuck roast, collaberate on the rub/injection if any and tend the pit equally during the same cook but make two totally different dishes. Would that be acceptable?

Question, what if Redhot and I have a 5 lb chuck roast, collaberate on the rub/injection if any and tend the pit equally during the same cook but make two totally different dishes. Would that be acceptable?

I might consider it if each of you had a hand tied behind your back and you had your legs tied together like they do in a three legged race :thumb:

At least it not some foul thing like brisket, I must enter this one.

So I can edit my photos to eliminate all the weeds in my garden?

Why not? In fact, you coould try to confuse the mod by taking separate photos of you cooking it and Redhot cooking it. I bet that guy wouldn't know the difference!:laugh:

I keep thinking about entering another throwdown, and Sharon brought home a chuck yesterday. So why not be a Master? Yea right, me a master.

How many zeros do I have now Chris?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

BRING BACK THE PORK BELLY THROWDOWN!!!!!

I keep thinking about entering another throwdown, and Sharon brought home a chuck yesterday. So why not be a Master? Yea right, me a master.

How many zeros do I have now Chris?
Well, technically any stats from the Masters Cuts (note they aren't called Throwdowns) are separate from the Throwdowns. So you could consider it a "do-over" if you will.

However, that said, in the Throwdowns you have 4 zeroes.:thumb:

What the ^*&*^? My butcher only had rump roast, not chuck roast. Aargh, oh well. What's the different meat-experts so I know when I cook tomorrow?

What the ^*&*^? My butcher only had rump roast, not chuck roast. Aargh, oh well. What's the different meat-experts so I know when I cook tomorrow?

Don't worry. This thread is open until 10 entries and then the following Sunday at midnight. You should be able to find chuck by then.:becky:

I may just have to toss my hat into this ring... I'll visit my butcher tomorrow and order me up a good ol' chuckie.

I gotta try to get in on this....
I cook up a Mean Chuck.....

An Example, not an Entry...

Dante's Inferno:
attachment.php

I like chuckies!

Nice I like the Chuckie theme, last Halloween I did some pulled chuck and butt for a party and made some place signs, used Chuckie as the theme.

Attachments

• SHREADED CHUCKIE2.jpg
    SHREADED CHUCKIE2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 222
Back