• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Turkey Smoke today and Reheat tomorow

WineMaster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Anybody do this. Thinking of cooking one today and putting it on a bed of stuffing in a full sheet to reheat tomorow in the oven while I smoke more birds.

I've got a turkey on the UDS now (brined and dried) and wer'e going to have it tommorow. Wife and are having the same discussion. Leave it whole and reheat in the oven/roaster tomorrow, or slice today and put in roaster with apple juice under rack to keep moist when reheated.

I was thinking of getting one smoked today & make a box of stove top to put on the bottum of a full sheet pan and put the sliced on it then B-4 heating it up put a can of stock into the stuffing and let it steam the slices.

I often prepare holiday meals the day before. I've got a brisket on right now.

You can reheat a turkey in a full size steam pan on a rack. Pour a container of chicken stock in the pan and foil tightly. Warm it at 200 - 250. Good stuff!

I'd suggest that you reheat it simply with hot gravy served over it instead. But, I suppose that if you are careful it should be fine.

The last couple of years I have cooked the bird on Sunday before Thanksgiving and then cut breasts off the bone in one large chunk and remove the dark meat as well then into food saver bag. Loses very little moisture this way.

I do let the meat sit in the fridge for a couple of hours so the food saver does not suck the juice out like it does when meat is still warn.

I am not even eating it. Im doing 3 big Turkeys for Hope Lodge in town. Its a place that Cancer patients stay at while getting treatment at the Mayo Clinic. After a couple days smoking, I dont even want turkey. Or anything smoked for that matter Im thinking abiout having Chinese insead. I am making fun things to have while the cooker will be going though. Cranberry ABT's and Moink Balls with a Cornbread stuffed maple fatty.

Back