It's Alive, It's Alive!!!

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I had gotten rid of the Landman before I sold my Klose. But with a little Horse trading, sanding, painting, new temp gauge, and some oiling to get things moving again. It's alive and as soon as the paint cures I be smoking again.:biggrin::cool:
refurbish002.jpg

refurbish003.jpg

refurbish004.jpg

refurbish005.jpg

refurbish006.jpg

refurbish001.jpg

refurbish007.jpg

refurbish008.jpg

refurbish011.jpg

And there you go, J is about to be smoking:biggrin:

Very nice refurb job.

What's first up for smoking?

Can we vote?

Nice work on the new old pit! Looking forward to some cook pics soon!

Thanks guys, I still got to add the heat shield I fixed for it and then oil and do a dry smoke to re cure the inside. But I do see the light approaching.

Yes Larry, If you vote it I will smoke it, within reason.:biggrin::shock:

Congrats Jacob !!! You'll make some awesome 'que on that pit..

but don't let that Weber kettle get lonely though !!..

NIce looking pit there. Good job giving it some new life.

Looks ready to win...nice rehab, good job showing some love!

That's some fine news Jacob!
WooHoo! Jacob gonna be smokin' again!

I need to go vote! (I hope oppossum is an option!)

Very nice job, Jacob. How did you go about removing all the rust and about how long did it take you. Looks really good!

Dang, Jacob, it looks like you worked your but off on that! Good job, it looks almost like it did when it was new :biggrin:.

Thats a great looking piece of, "working you ass off". My neighbor has the same exact one. He got it last year and I have seen him cook on it twice.

I probably could have stole it from him and shipped it to you and he wouldn't have notice till July.

Great looking pit there Jacob! How'd you do it?

Well I will tell you all but you must not ever tell a soul.

# 1. Remove and sand the main chamber lid = Toilet handle broken. 5 min. = 1 hour.

# 2. Remove and sand fire box lid. = Half the plugs in my LR & Dinning room doesn't work. = Turn on switch by entry door& explain why it controls the top half of plug. 5 min. = 1hour

# 3. Sand and paint main body. = No power in my apt. and power co. says it's not there fault.30 min.= 2 hours= give this job to the other guy after I seen the rooms packed from floor to ceiling, making running the circuits near impossible.

And continued in this manner until I reached the point I am now at.:shock::shock::twisted::biggrin::wink:

Back